UPnP (DLNA)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

First, I would just like to say that I’m running 1586 on Edgy with my Roku M-1001 and loving it… thanks for all the great work!

It would be awesome if I could use Firefly to stream content to other devices as well (e.g. XBox, Playstation 3, Media Adapters etc.) without needing something like Twonky.

So, I know it’s been said before, but UPnP would be great! (squeaky wheel)

I’d be happy to help test with the devices that I have.

Thanks!

stretch
    Participant

The latest nightly has UPnP discovery (if enabled) but nothing else yet so i think it’s safe to say that Ron is working on it.

rpedde
    Participant

@stretch wrote:

The latest nightly has UPnP discovery (if enabled) but nothing else yet so i think it’s safe to say that Ron is working on it.

Yeah, disco is done, but it’s really done badly. I need to add real function registration and stuff to it. But that’s the next on my list once I finish up the ssl and file/socket abstraction. I hoped to finish that up this weekend but maybe not. The unix side is all done, just need to finish the windows side.

— Ron

slipincat
    Participant

Hi,

when the feature is ready I can test uPnP with my MagicBox the Imp. At the moment I’m using on my debian machine mt-daapd and uShare, but uShare is pretty basic.
    So I hope Firefly will be better.

awx

mt-daapd/firefly is my favorite media server by far and I’d really like to see it get DLNA/upnp support as well.

rpedde
    Participant

@awx wrote:

mt-daapd/firefly is my favorite media server by far and I’d really like to see it get DLNA/upnp support as well.

Ya, me too. I’m working on code cleanups right now, to target a stable release. Then I’ll start hacking on the upnp again.

— Ron

petsounds
    Participant

Just a note to say “me too” for DLNA/uPNP support. I got a PS3 recently and have been thinking of migrating away from XBMC for my living room music playback. It’s just been too unreliable with DAAP support.

gurgel2
    Participant

Woow.. id love that. Ive come to the conclusion that the only capable frontend for SB/nslu-firefly is the Cidero software. Does the job perfectly. The SB is good playing.. thats about it.

magnate
    Participant

@gurgel2 wrote:

Woow.. id love that. Ive come to the conclusion that the only capable frontend for SB/nslu-firefly is the Cidero software. Does the job perfectly. The SB is good playing.. thats about it.

Can anyone help a n00b get Cidero working? It finds my SB instantly, but never finds the mt-daapd server.

If it’s of any consequence:

the server is on my linux box, 192.168.1.3 (static)
    the SB is 192.168.1.215 (dhcp)
    Cidero is running on a windows box, 192.168.1.10 (static)

TIA,

CC

eschoeller
    Participant

@petsounds: Yep, agreed. XBMC is waay too unreliable. When I got the ps3 and it didn’t find my mt-daapd server I began thinking about new music servers, even though I really like this one. After reading this post I guess I’ll wait it out – even though I’ve been waiting for reliable XBMC support for nearly 2 years..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 36 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.