UPnP (DLNA)

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This would allow so many devices to connect to the DS…
    … any known alternative in the meantime ?

BillyBuck
    Participant

I have two Roku’s and a Ziova Z500. The Ziova only recognizes upnp so I’ve been trying to find a server that meets my needs. All of the currently available solutions are buggy or have at least one deal-breaker that makes them unusable in my case. None of them have the small footprint of Firefly.

Upnp support would open up Firefly to the PS3 and Xbox communities as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Mr.Gil wrote:

How do i enable it, or is by default enabled ?

Running 1696

PLESE~~~THANKS!!!

stretch
    Participant

@Mon1018 wrote:

@Mr.Gil wrote:

How do i enable it, or is by default enabled ?

Running 1696

PLESE~~~THANKS!!!

Enabling it won’t achieve anything. The only part of UPnP added so far is discovery, nothing else.
    This means that your client device will find the Firefly server but not be able to use it.
    Unless your doing testing it’s a waste of time even turning it on really 😉

hdd123

Any further update on this?

dougyp
    Participant

i just got a PS3 and it took me a while to get to the point where I want to access my mt-daapd/firefly shared music and a bit longer to find out the PS3 won’t “find” my NAS serving firefly.

Any update? It’s been a looooong time since an update 🙂

EVILRipper
    Participant

PS3 has support for uPnP servers. Firefly does not have a functional uPnP implemented. So far, this is a no go.

dougyp
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. I love my mt-daapd server, it runs 24×7 for maybe 2 years now? I use a Roku in my living room and serve it on a Kuro-pro (made by Buffalo). I like to dabble in Linux and I love that I can serve music and files at 17 watts instead of having a computer on 24×7.

I hate to ask in since this is a firefly website – but does anyone have experience running *gasp* another server app in parallel with firefly that would support the uPnP protocol? Let’s assume we’d not have file-contention, it’s just not used that much.

cheers

fizze
    Participant

Sure, I run ushare, I think.

It’s all running on the same NSLU2, and I have plenty of other servers there. Since they are reading the files and not locking them, there are no access issues at all.

cromei
    Participant

I run Mediatomb http://mediatomb.cc/ on my NSLU2 and have no issues. I have run uShare as well with no issues.
    Craig

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.