UPnP (DLNA)

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    fizze
    Participant

Well sweet, so I could maybe some day trash Wizd and my showcenter and use something like the Netgear EVA 8000 with firefly? 8)

Mr.Gil
    Participant

How do i enable it, or is by default enabled ?

Running 1696

juanito

Is there any update on the status of this – I’m currently using firefly on an MSS+ and a linux box to serve music to a Soundbridge M1000 and would love to be able to serve music to a PS3.

rpedde
    Participant

@juanito wrote:

Is there any update on the status of this – I’m currently using firefly on an MSS+ and a linux box to serve music to a Soundbridge M1000 and would love to be able to serve music to a PS3.

It’s first feature after stabilizing for a stable release. Which doesn’t help much, because I don’t know where that is, time-wise. πŸ™‚

– Ron

Peter

@rpedde wrote:

@juanito wrote:

It’s first feature after stabilizing for a stable release. Which doesn’t help much, because I don’t know where that is, time-wise. πŸ™‚

– Ron

Hello,

As I’m using a Freecom MusicPal besides my Soundbridge, I’d be very happy if Firefly supported uPNP… or is there a better alternative?

Anonymous
    Inactive

– Ron

I know you dont know exactly when this will be but do you have approximate timescales?

I’ve got firefly streamimg (well transcoding via wav) my alac to my soundbridge, but I have an xbox360, a ps3 and even my new onkyo amp can get play stuff now πŸ™‚ all begging for upnp support.

rpedde
    Participant

@glum wrote:

– Ron

I know you dont know exactly when this will be but do you have approximate timescales?

I’ve got firefly streamimg (well transcoding via wav) my alac to my soundbridge, but I have an xbox360, a ps3 and even my new onkyo amp can get play stuff now πŸ™‚ all begging for upnp support.

Probably before DNF. But maybe not much before.

— Ron

LeoD
    Participant

Then what about a littul teaser trailer in the meantime? πŸ˜‰

aa2k

Hi, any news on this update? I am dying to try this on a MAC using my Omnifi DMS1 – I can install the program but unit does not see it since its not a uPnP yet… btw, this program looks great!! good job!!

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

markusd112
    Participant

Hi,

as mentioned above from other users: I am interested in the upnp-feature too. I am using firefly mediaserver for more than one year with two roku soundbridges and it works great.

Now there are available some internetradios for less then 100 EUR with a built in speaker, so they are affordable now (in the past you have to pay 200 EUR and more for such a WLAN radio that can play my MP3 files over the network with a built in speaker).

I would like to use my new dnt IPdio Internet Radio as well with Firefly Media server, but the box supports only windows fileshares and upnp πŸ™

So it would be great, if Firefly supports upnp too…

Thanks a lot for implementing upnp!

Yours,

Markus

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.