UPnP (DLNA)

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    SimpleGuy

๐Ÿ˜ฏ Oh no! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

I used the Maxtor MSS-II and its original Mediaserver with my DNT IP-dio device. Being a bit unhappy with the server performance I then spent two days installing Firefly on it.

Its up and running – but the streaming client doesn’t recognize it. Doh!

Does anyone know if or when uPNP might be supported enough for it to work with the other clients?

Ian

rabbit

Because I was still learning about all this streaming stuff I made the mistake of buying both a Roku Soundbridge AND a Philips Streamium NP1100 (instead of two Soundbridges). I love Firefly for serving FLAC to the Soundbridge, and when UPnp/DLNA is ready I will also be able to serve FLAC to the Philips. Hooray when this happens! ๐Ÿ˜€

growers

First of all a big THANKS to Ron and co, I love Firefly (still mt-daapd to me!), it’s been reliably serving transcoded FLACs from my NSLU2 to my Soundbridge for a couple of years now.

Can I just ask what the likelihood of uPnP functionality is? Fair enough if other projects have taken over, but I guess there are a few of us hanging on for uPnP who might be better off looking for alternative solutions if it’s unlikely to happen any time soon.

Thanks again for the great work.

fizze
    Participant

I know that Ron has started coding on UPnP, but as we all are sadly aware of, Ron is now challenged by other tasks. ๐Ÿ™

Chances are some other apps like gupnp do that a hellova lot better soon.

dougyp
    Participant

I was hoping to see mt-daapd (:-) have UPnP support! I did try mediatomb and ushare but no luck. In my debian/Kuro-box (ARM9 cpu) I cannot get all of the dependant packages working and can’t find solutions for those independantly…

I was crossing my fingers for firefly to take it over… So… DOH! ๐Ÿ™‚

fizze
    Participant

I had ushare and also fuppes running on my NSLU2.
    They aren’t as comfy as firefly for music, but they work. I ran unslung on my nslu2 though.

I’d be really surprised if there are missing deps on debian/ARM there….

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.