Synology CS-406 and Pinnacle (Roku) SoundBridge M1001

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Synology CS-406 and Pinnacle (Roku) SoundBridge M1001

Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@SydneyGuy wrote:

OK here’s the latest update. It was all working when I got home tonight and my SoundBridge was able to see the server and play music. But unfortunately it did crash some time later. The entire contents of the log file is below

2007-05-23 19:51:11 (00014003): Thread 3: Entering ws_returnerror (401: Unauthorized)
    2007-05-23 19:53:57 (00004000): Got HUP signal.
    2007-05-23 19:53:59 (00004000): Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
    2007-05-23 19:53:59: Aborting

These are all mostly normal. It was apparently asked to shut down. Or maybe not to shut down, but something sent it a HUP signal. Any idea where that might have come from?

SydneyGuy
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

These are all mostly normal. It was apparently asked to shut down. Or maybe not to shut down, but something sent it a HUP signal. Any idea where that might have come from?

No idea at all. The log is at level 2 again. Is there any point in bumping that back up again? What are some possibliities that may sent the HUP?

sharkey
    Participant

Hi Guys, very interesting thread …what’s happened in the last month ?

Ron, I know Mike from Roku’s been in touch regarding my thread there and I’ve got a Synology DS-106j coming on monday to feed both Roku and Pinnacle M1001s.

I not unfamiliar with Unix but I’d hate to brick my DS-106j so very nervous. I’ve got a fair bit of reading to do to try to get up to speed, the hard part is trying to decide which bits are relevant to me. e.g. do I have to install optware in order to get the nightlies to run.

SydneyGuy, how’s it going ? Any idiot proof tips for me ?

All the best to you both.

rpedde
    Participant

@sharkey wrote:

Hi Guys, very interesting thread …what’s happened in the last month ?

Ron, I know Mike from Roku’s been in touch regarding my thread there and I’ve got a Synology DS-106j coming on monday to feed both Roku and Pinnacle M1001s.

I not unfamiliar with Unix but I’d hate to brick my DS-106j so very nervous. I’ve got a fair bit of reading to do to try to get up to speed, the hard part is trying to decide which bits are relevant to me. e.g. do I have to install optware in order to get the nightlies to run.

SydneyGuy, how’s it going ? Any idiot proof tips for me ?

All the best to you both.

I think the upgrade is pretty much brick-proof at least for getting unslung on there. It just adds a couple binary programs (wget, ipkg) and dumps everything in /opt without over writing or messing up your system, so I think it’s fairly safe.

Read the links further up there, and there were links to a couple sites with info and bootstraps. I believe thats what SydneyGuy used.

We still have a problem with stuff dying (out of memory, maybe?), but not sure exactly what’s up.

Another data point would probably help.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.