A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@jkrell wrote:

Any ideas? I can access the library using other machines at home, both using iTunes and XBMC, so I know it is working. I also get access using Crossfire on Firefox, but that is not ideal.

As follow up to my prior post, I have GIT (Get it Together) working fine on my system, tested with several songs. So this is definitely something weird going on with Firefly Client.

One interesting thing — GIT does not ask for a password, but Firefly Client does. What is that all about?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@jkrell wrote:

… I know it is working because I can get to the mt-daapd configuration page using the web browser, by typing […]
    Doing so brings up an “Unable to connect to the server error” and it says “Cause: Unable to connect. Not found (status=404)”
    Any ideas?

Firefly client uses RSP protocol by default to communicate with the mt-daapd server. To work, the RSP plugin has to be well installed on the server. You can check that on the server status page http://localhost:3689/index.html You must have the rsp plugin listed. Another method to check if it is installed is to get the following url in your browser: http://localhost:3689/rsp/info which must return an xml response (I think this is this url which causes the 404 error).

For the first versions of the software, Firefly Client used XML-DAAP protocol (an XMLized version of DAAP supported by mt-daapd), but it has migrated to RSP mainly for performance reasons. You can still switch to the XML-DAAP mode with worse performances (I tried to maintain it but I don’t ensure that it is not buggy!). To do so, you have to manually edit your firefly config file ($HOME/.firefly-client/config.xml – You can see the value of $HOME in the About Box of Firefly Client) and replace RSP by XML-DAAP.

Anyway, the best solution is to make the server RSP aware. All the softwares you tested use pure DAAP protocol which explain that they work without raising any issue.

— caribou

Anonymous
    Inactive

@caribou wrote:

Firefly client uses RSP protocol by default to communicate with the mt-daapd server. To work, the RSP plugin has to be well installed on the server. You can check that on the server status page http://localhost:3689/index.html You must have the rsp plugin listed. Another method to check if it is installed is to get the following url in your browser: http://localhost:3689/rsp/info which must return an xml response (I think this is this url which causes the 404 error).

Cool. Great to know there is an easy fix. One question, though — how do I install the RSP Plugin? I was not even aware of it until now. I am happy to install it to get the cleaner interface of the Firefly Client (as opposed to GIT).

EVILRipper
    Participant

Most probably by installing the latest nightly — 1696.

Anonymous
    Inactive

1586 also has it installed by default….

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, I installed 1586. Everything seems to be up and working!

Crossfire works now (it did not with 2.4.1).

GIT still works same as before, though I will probably never use it again because I like the interface of Firefly Client much better.

Thanks!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow. This is really a great app. I have been playing with it for over an hour now, when I should be working. In any event, I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to have it automatically load the library (including loading the local cache) if there is only one library set up? It would be cool if it did it when you run it.

2. My static iTunes playlists are not showing up correctly. For instance, I have a “iPod Selection” playlist that includes what is on my iPod Touch. It is supposed to include 20 or so artists. However, when I go to that playlist in Firefly Client, it only includes 5 artists (which happen to be just the ones I purchased on iTunes, not the ones I ripped into my library). Any ideas?

3. How does DRMd music work? If I click on one of the songs either I or my wife purchased using iTunes, it freezes up the player and I have to kill it and reload. Should this work?

This is a very cool app, very fast (starts songs much faster than GIT) and I love the slick interface.

stretch
    Participant

Only Apple hardware / software can play DRM protected music purchased from the iTunes Music Store.

You have to remove the DRM garbage if you want other hardware/software to play the music.
    Simplest way is to burn a CD & then rip the CD back into iTunes

w1ll14m
    Participant

if a track is 01h 16m 15s long, it’s shown as 16m 15s.
    it seems if a track passes 59:59 it counts again from 00m 01s

Is this a bug, or is it just me ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@w1ll14m wrote:

if a track is 01h 16m 15s long, it’s shown as 16m 15s.
    it seems if a track passes 59:59 it counts again from 00m 01s

Is this a bug, or is it just me ?

It is a bug, i’ll have a look at it.
    –caribou

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 187 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.