A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    w1ll14m
    Participant

Nice πŸ™‚

Keep up the good work!
    tools like these makes life really comforting

Anonymous
    Inactive

@w1ll14m wrote:

Nice πŸ™‚

Keep up the good work!
    tools like these makes life really comforting

Thank you very much! I still don’t know when I’ll have time to publish the next release but it’ll probably be around september. I saw that you’re from Netherland. If you’re interested in translating Firefly client in Dutch, I’ll integrate the translation in next release: you can have access to the english translation file at : http://fireflyclient.cvs.sourceforge.net/fireflyclient/fireflyclient/src/net/firefly/client/resources/translations/translations_en_GB.properties?view=markup
    You can send me the translated file by email at vcariven [ at ] users.sourceforge.net
    — caribou

w1ll14m
    Participant

I’ve sent you an email πŸ˜‰

I’m looking forward to your next release!

w1ll14m
    Participant

Another question.

My DAAP Databases has now 30000+ items
    including a 5000+ movies/video clips.

These won’t play on FireflyClient but play with my poorly coded website+batchfile+mplayer is there a way to filter these movies in FireflyClient ? but keep them in the daap database?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@w1ll14m wrote:

I’ve sent you an email

Thank you very I’ll commit it the project and it’ll be part of next release.
    @w1ll14m wrote:

I’m looking forward to your next release!

I’m afraid it won’t be before september cause I’m leaving for my summer holidays ! So it is probably my last post before september…
    @w1ll14m wrote:

Another question.
    My DAAP Databases has now 30000+ items including a 5000+ movies/video clips. Is there a way to filter these movies in FireflyClient ? but keep them in the daap database?

I think there is, but I do not filter actually on media type. I’ ll try to add this feature for next release too, but it will require a libray full reload (from FireflyClient point of view).
    Thanks again for your support.
    — caribou

w1ll14m
    Participant

@caribou wrote:

Thank you very I’ll commit it the project and it’ll be part of next release.

That’s Great!

@caribou wrote:

I think there is, but I do not filter actually on media type. I’ ll try to add this feature for next release too,
    but it will require a libray full reload (from FireflyClient point of view).

You could filter on filetype, mt-daapd indexes the extension seperately.
    So there should be a way to use that in the query that FireflyClient runs on mt-daapd. I use the following query directly from sqlite:

select id,fname,type FROM songs order by fname;

I think there should be a way to get this info from rsp protocol? that would mean that you only get the items/info’s that are playable in FireflyClient πŸ˜‰

Anyway, have fun on your vacation!

RigasW
    Participant

Hello,

the Java based Firefly Client seems to be a great tool: it is as fast as GIT and you can create playlists (what GIT is not able to do!)

But is there a way to edit it’s playlists; I tried to remove tracks from a playlist but did not find a way to do that.

Or is this feature still missing?

Rigas

timjstone

I have created some smart playlists by Genre which show correctly in iTunes/Roku Soundbridge /playlist.html but when accessed through the java client show different tracks! it is very strange. i have checked the tracks in question and they definitely do not have the genre being selected (both in the ID3 tag and the itunes library xml file) but show when querying the playlist from the java client. is anyone else seeing similar?

an example is an album which is tagged as Rock/Pop but comes up in the smart playlist created where ‘genre = “Country”‘

has anyone any idea why this could be happening?

seems to be ok now since i rebuilt the database.

other problem which is related is that the artist list has a entry called “compilations”. i have setup firefly to not group compilations and roku/itunes and the playlist.html page all show all artists. the java client groups sme (but not all) compilation artists together

w1ll14m
    Participant

I think that genre’s are not fully implemented yet.
    I cannot select on genre’s aswel.

I’m not shure about compilations. i guess we’ll have to wait until carbou is back πŸ˜‰

blamm
    Participant

Hi.

A question and an issue.

1. How do i create and edit playlists?
    2. The default look and feel shows no window bar at the top (with the open close buttons in it). Subsequently I cant move it around etc and if open help/about I get trapped.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 187 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.