A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, and thank you for a great working applet for my huge library.
    As i’m not so familiar with java it took me a while to understand how it works, but ones i did (after about 5 min) i just love it.
    Now i can bring my music to where ever i’m going and it loads my remote library in about 1 minute which i think is great for over 40000 songs.
    Now as i have told my friends and family about it they want to use it as well and they also would like to have the possibillity to download songs from me.
    Is it possible to add downloading functinality to this client?

removablebrain
    Participant

I think a portable or version that will write prefs to its own directory would be a great addition. Especially for those of us who run multiple servers….I also like to scrob, but don’t want the wife’s music contaminating my last.fm stats ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks again for a great application!

jasongreen

Thanks so much for your work on this. I have run in to an odd problem, though.

There are a few tracks that will play in iTunes but not in the applet. Sometimes they just hang and sometimes they come out as all sorts of beeps. My firefly server is transcoding from FLAC to Wav on the fly. Most tracks play fine, however. Any ideas/suggestions?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys,

Here I am back from holidays. I’ll try to answer your questions in this post :

@w1ll14m wrote:

That ignore extension is a nice one! ๐Ÿ™‚
    I let mt-daapd also index my video’s because i created a browser thingy in php + extjs ๐Ÿ˜‰
    but when i use fireflyclient i want to play only supported files.
    Maybe it’s possible to block video extensions by default ?
    William

I’ll disable those extensions by default in next version (someone may post most common video extensions to disable so that I don’t forget any important)
    @b@rtm@n wrote:

Any progress on the windows mobile version Caribou ?

After deeper investigation, I’m afraid this is not really possible (at least without a big amount of work). Indeed, the existing java code of Firefly Client and used external libraries are not supported on Java For Mobile. I’m afraid I won’t access this request of porting the application on Windows Mobile. Sorry, b@rtm@n.
    @shawnr13 wrote:

Request for settings to make Firefly Client portable.

@b@rtm@n wrote:

Making this applet portable would be nice indeed ….

@removablebrain wrote:

I think a portable or version that will write prefs to its own directory would be a great addition. Especially for those of us who run multiple servers….I also like to scrob, but don’t want the wife’s music contaminating my last.fm stats ๐Ÿ™‚ application!

Wow, the portable version seems to be the most requested feature at this time. I’ll have a look at it and will make sure it’s part of next release if it’s possible.
    @WilsonTobbe wrote:

Now as i have told my friends and family about it they want to use it as well and they also would like to have the possibillity to download songs from me. Is it possible to add downloading functinality to this client?

It is a functionnality I had thought about. I’ll try to implement it in a future version.
    @jasongreen wrote:

Thanks so much for your work on this. I have run in to an odd problem, though.
    There are a few tracks that will play in iTunes but not in the applet. Sometimes they just hang and sometimes they come out as all sorts of beeps. My firefly server is transcoding from FLAC to Wav on the fly. Most tracks play fine, however. Any ideas/suggestions?

You could disable flac to wav transcoding as Firefly Client supports flac format natively.

Hope this answers your questions…
    –caribou

Anonymous
    Inactive

@caribou wrote:

Hi every one,
    I have just released a new version of FireflyClient : 0.9b
    See: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=212642

This is mainly a maintenance release based on 0.8b that mainly corrects the applet deployments problems. It has a few minor add-ons too.

Main features are :
    – Enhanced applet deployments capabilities
    – Genre/artist separator to manage multiple genre/artist in single tag

Here is the detailed changelog below.

Changelog:
    Version 0.9 b
    - Enhanced applet configuration
    - read more in fireflyclient.html file when fireflyclient-applet(.zip or .tar.gz) has been uncompressed
    - Added the possibility to set a separator for genre and artist tag
    - Ex: if genre tag contains "Classical; [C]Classical; Orchestral;Symphony" and that
    ';' character has been set as genre separator in preferences dialog, 4 genres
    are extracted for this song (the song matching the four of them:
    - Classical
    - [C]Classical
    - Orchestral
    - Symphony
    Same functionnality for artist tag.
    When changing separators, application must be restarted.
    - Enhanced keylistener on genre, artist and album lists
    - When genre, artist or album list has the focus, you can type the first letters to go to the first matching item.
    - Weakly crypted passwords (library and lastfm) in configuration file (needs library saving)

As usual, any support, any remark, bug report, feature request is welcome…

The genre/artist separator feature answer the Statto2 post : http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7198&start=120#p23807

If you read me, Pacbarnabe, I tried to add an hidden option to customize read buffer size, but I’m not sure that it will do the trick. Nevermind, you can try it. You just have to edit the XML configuration file (config.xml) and change/add the following property “4”. The default size is 4 (in kilobytes). You might try to increase this value. Do not put too high values as I noticed that the app was consumming a lot of CPU in that case. Try and find the value that might suit you if it makes any difference!

I’ll make a dedicated post for applet configuration.

— caribou

Hi Caribou,

Sorry to answer so late.
    I have tested the read buffer size option ( values from 4KB to 512KB ) but i still have the problem.
    Fireflyclient stop after a few seconds.
    Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,
    Don’t know if this is posted before or even if this is the right place to post it but i have found out that the Firefly Client has problems reading playlists that are too “big” (when the search takes too long time). You can click the playlist and it starts loading but nothing happend, it just stopp loadingand shows nothing.
    I have also found that my client does not allways read the library correctly because when i have marked my library and click on an album, nothing shows up.
    If i chose a genre, both the artist and album columns are updated and the songlist aswell, if i after that choose an artist within a specific genre, the artist and album and the songlist are updated. But if i after that choose an album within a specific genre and from a specific artist, the songlist is empty…

If you want i can give you the credentials for my library so you can see for your self…

markwe

Hi,

are there any plans to support the M4A/AAC format ? Also, I am having problems with the artwork displaying in the (few) mp3 files I have. Some work, some don`t – can’t see any difference in the files which could cause this.

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also, I am having problems with the artwork displaying in the (few) mp3 files I have. Some work, some don`t – can’t see any difference in the files which could cause this.

I have for some reason never got the album art to work. It’s not a big issue for me, but it would be nice to see it work and have the possibillity to deactivate the function.

w1ll14m
    Participant

about those extensions here are a few:
    avi, mkv, mpg, mpeg, mjpeg, ogm, 3gp, wmv, vob, ifo, m2ts, mov, mp4, rmvb, xvid, divx

Regards,
    William

Anonymous
    Inactive

I got a memory error now when my songs have increased to about 47000 files.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at sun.text.normalizer.NormalizerBase.clone(Unknown Source)
    at java.text.CollationElementIterator.nextContractChar(Unknown Source)
    at java.text.CollationElementIterator.next(Unknown Source)
    at java.text.RuleBasedCollator.compare(Unknown Source)
    at java.text.Collator.compare(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TreeMap.getEntryUsingComparator(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TreeMap.getEntry(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TreeMap.containsKey(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TreeSet.contains(Unknown Source)
    at net.firefly.client.model.data.Genre.isUnknownGenre(Genre.java:98)
    at net.firefly.client.http.protocol.rsp.filters.SongsXmlFilter.endElement(SongsXmlFilter.java:134)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at net.firefly.client.controller.request.RSPRequestManager.getSongList(RSPRequestManager.java:497)
    at net.firefly.client.gui.swing.dialog.DatabaseDialog$LoadRemoteSongListButtonActionListener$1.run(DatabaseDialog.java:596)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Why do i get this, i have 4 Gb RAM?

Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 187 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.