A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

Viewing 10 posts - 141 through 150 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@keror0 wrote:

However, applet version of the client player only shown up in the browser correctly the VERY FIRST time. When attempt to reload and close Firefox and reload the applet it shown up as follow, also tried with IE 6 with the same result.

Hi keror0,

Indeed, it is a bug inherited from the normal client behaviour which reposition the window at startup. It is now corrected for the applet version and it should no more happen. I have just replaced the files on sourceforget.net. It is still the 0.9b version but date timestamp has changed : fireflyclient-applet-v0.9b-20081231.zip
    In fact, you’ll just have to replace the FireflyClient.jar file. Do not forget to purge the java plugin cache (To do that, open the Java Control Panel, click on the ‘Display’ button under the ‘Temporary Internet Files’ section and remove Firefly Client related file, especially FireflyClient.jar)

Hope this is the last serious bug 😉

— caribou

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alright! It works perfectly fine now… seems no need to purge the java plugin cache, they are all updated to the latest…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Only one issue with the applet version… sound stuttering while loading web pages with the same browser or even during loading of other applications, checked java.exe loading is not high. No such problem with the standalone version which seems using javaw.exe.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Someone to help porting this wonderfull fireflyclient to windows mobile ? If this works, it will be the best application ever … Who doesn’t want to have a portable mediaplayer connected to 1000+ of songs, and playing just what you want …

Caribou, any idea ?

blamm
    Participant

This is excellent. Thankyou. Has anyone got the applet working in Google Chrome? It doesn’t display anything.

mpuckett
    Participant

What a brilliant piece of code! Many thanks for an excellent app.

I have a need for a front end that does playlist management on the server and this looks just great for that. Most of my library is in AAC and gets played on a Roku for now but I am curious if there is there an aac codec available as a plugin somewhere? At the moment the app hung when I tried playing one of my aac tracks.

A couple of questions regarding playlist management… I rehosted all my iTunes playlists by moving my iTunes Music Library.xml file to the server which went smoothly. Is there any way to make these editable? Now that they have been migrated I would like to manipulate them as a regular playlist but they are all read only. Can this be enabled by simply changing the playlist-type from type 3 to type 0 or is it more involved than that?

Is it possible yet to create a smart playlist from FireFlyClient?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The triple-panel view (genre, artist, album) has almost become the de-facto industry standard for media software but Firefly (and the Roku Soundbridge, for example) also permit browsing by composer.

Would it be possible to show a 4th panel – composer – in this otherwise excellent Client software?

A 5th panel option for ‘year’ would also be useful. MediaMonkey has a neat way of handling ‘year’ and shows a tree structure as follows:

1940s
    1950s
    1960s
    1970s
    1980s
    etc

Each decade can then be opened to reveal the years present in the database. For example, opening up 1950s might reveal a sub-list like this

Anyone else think that ‘composer’ and ‘year’ browsing would be useful?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks caribou, the applet in the latest release .09b works great. I have one minor request. Would it be possible for Artists whose names are preceded by “The” to be sorted by the latter part of the name? The SoundBridge handles this well. For example, ‘The Beatles’ becomes ‘Beatles, The’ . Thanks,

–Bob

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, good suggestion rregent

Actually, Firefly and the Soundbridge is even neater than you suggest. The Beatles is listed amongst the Bs but the group name still appears as ‘The Beatles’. Similarly, ‘The Beach Boys’ is filed with the Bs, ‘The Carpenters’ with the Cs, etc.

I think it’s important that this methodology applies only to artists and not, for example, albums. Logically, I think it makes sense for ‘A Night At The Opera’ to be filed with the As rather than the Ns, etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Statto2 wrote:

Yes, good suggestion rregent

Actually, Firefly and the Soundbridge is even neater than you suggest. The Beatles is listed amongst the Bs but the group name still appears as ‘The Beatles’. Similarly, ‘The Beach Boys’ is filed with the Bs, ‘The Carpenters’ with the Cs, etc.

I think it’s important that this methodology applies only to artists and not, for example, albums. Logically, I think it makes sense for ‘A Night At The Opera’ to be filed with the As rather than the Ns, etc.

Ah, you’re right. I forgot that the Roku displays ‘The’ in front of the name but sorts as if it did not. And yes, I think you would only want this treatment for artists – not songs or albums.

Viewing 10 posts - 141 through 150 (of 187 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.