A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

BUMP BUMP BUMP …

Caribou, can you please help me making this nice applet working on windows mobile ? Couldn’t find your contact details …

I’m desperately trying to find info on the errors that I get, but can’t solve … help me out …

spring

Dear caribou,

Thanks ever so much for developing this fantastic client. I am particularly grateful for the ability to locally cache the library, as downloading it previously took two minutes (each time) with iTunes.

I was wondering if I could please request a couple of features:

1) Ability to repeat (one, all) like in iTunes.
    2) Remember the currently selected genre, artist and album in the main library when clicking on a playlist. This is so that when you return to the library, you can resume from where you left off.

Thanks again,
    Spring

P.S. I’m running svn-1586 on a Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everybody,

I’ve been away for almost a month now, but I’m back. I’ll try to anwser to your questions in this post.

New features requests
    @mpuckett wrote:

Is it possible yet to create a smart playlist from FireFlyClient?

No it is not. You have to create smart playlists with the playlist.html page of Firefly Media Server admin pages. I don’t plan to implement a smart playlist editor for the time being. Anyway, I saw in the following topic : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10097 someone who tried to improve the playlist.html page. I didn’t tested it because I don’t use smart playlists a lot but it might be worth looking!
    @Statto2 wrote:

Would it be possible to show a 4th panel – composer

It would be but I can’t say when. I can’t say if it is massively requested.
    To avoid overloading this forum, you can post a feature request to http://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=browse&group_id=212642&atid=1022556 and see if it is supported or not.
    @Statto2 wrote:

A 5th panel option for ‘year’ would also be useful (tree with decades and years)

Same remark as previous.
    @rregent wrote:

I have one minor request. Would it be possible for Artists whose names are preceded by “The” to be sorted by the latter part of the name? The SoundBridge handles this well. For example, ‘The Beatles’ becomes ‘Beatles, The’ .

I’ll try to have a look at it. It should not be too difficult to implement although I should look into a configurable list of “ignorable” prefixes (like The, A, …) to manage different languages.
    @spring wrote:

I was wondering if I could please request a couple of features:
    1) Ability to repeat (one, all) like in iTunes.
    2) Remember the currently selected genre, artist and album in the main library when clicking on a playlist. This is so that when you return to the library, you can resume from where you left off.

1) It should not be too difficult and I’ll try to add it in the next release. I didn’t do it in the past as I thought that nobody used this functionnality !
    2) I’ll try to have a look at it. I don’t really use playlist so I never noticed this behaviour which must be very irritating !

Mobile version of the client
    @b@rtm@n wrote:

Hi,

Fireflyclient.jar is just what i’m looking for, and i can use it on my laptop … But finally, i want to use it on my Htc Touch HD (windows mobile 6.1 smartphone) … I can install it, using the built-in java, but when trying to run it, it complains about several things … (at first i couln’t install either, but after adding the following lines in the Manifest.mf file, i can go further) :
    MIDlet-Name: FireflyClient
    MIDlet-Version: 1.5
    MIDlet-Vendor: Vendor
    MIDlet-1: Fireflyclient,,net.firefly.client.gui.swing.FireflyClient

After installing it, it says “MIDLet was successfully installed! Do you want to launch the MIDlet ?” Then it gives the following error “The MIDlet could not be instantiated : java.lang.ClassCastException”. Can someone help me getting this to work on a windows mobile os ?
    (…)
    Someone to help porting this wonderfull fireflyclient to windows mobile ? If this works, it will be the best application ever … Who doesn’t want to have a portable mediaplayer connected to 1000+ of songs, and playing just what you want …
    Caribou, any idea ?
    (…)
    BUMP BUMP BUMP …
    Caribou, can you please help me making this nice applet working on windows mobile ? Couldn’t find your contact details … I’m desperately trying to find info on the errors that I get, but can’t solve … help me out …

Well b@rtm@n, this is a great question !!! But Firefly Client has not been designed to be run on mobile phones. Indeed, java application that run on mobile use a little subset of java SDK called Java ME (Java Micro Edition). So it is normal that you are not able to run it “as is” on Windows Mobile.
    Anyway, if you want be to give a look at your error it might be worth though i don’t think it should be possible to solve theses errors. You can contact me at vcariven (at ] users.sourceforge.net
    However, I find your request particularly interresting.
    I’m not very aware of different phones possibilities and anyway, I don’t think that the current Firefly Client user interface would be very suitable for a mobile phone screen (much smaller size than a computer screen).
    So, I’ll try to look deeper in the mobile application development with java for mobile phones and I might try to implement a dedicated interface for mobile phones using the existing Firefly Client core classes to communicate with the server and cache library.

Here it is. I hope this will answer your questions and do not hesitate to post on this forum. For features request it might be worth double-posting to the feature request tracker on sourceforge : http://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=browse&group_id=212642&atid=1022556

–caribou

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Caribou,

excellent nice tool !! Thank’s for this program !!

One question: Cover art is not showing up. Is that because I’m using id3V2.4 tags ? All my mp3s have embedded cover arts in id3V2.4 tags !

Thnaks
    Uwe

Anonymous
    Inactive

@uwekronberg wrote:

Hi Caribou,
    excellent nice tool !! Thank’s for this program !!
    One question: Cover art is not showing up. Is that because I’m using id3V2.4 tags ? All my mp3s have embedded cover arts in id3V2.4 tags !
    Thnaks
    Uwe

Yes it is. Could you please send me one file with cover art in ID3v2.4 tag so that I can’t correct the behaviour ? Actually, Firefly Client only manage covers for id3v2.2 and id3v2.3 tags. You can send me a sample file at vcariven (at ] users.sourceforge.net
    –caribou

RigasW
    Participant

Hi Caribou,

thanks for the latest release. I really do enjoy the library autostart feature and the possibility, to start, stop and skip songs now with the keyboard.

Take care

Rigas

fishhead

Using Firefly Version svn-1586 | client 0.9b
    Issue:

[FireflyClientException] class org.xml.sax.SAXParseException – SAXException while unmarshalling the song list (during parsing).
    at net.firefly.client.controller.request.RSPRequestManager.getSongList(RSPRequestManager.java:499)
    at net.firefly.client.gui.swing.dialog.DatabaseDialog$LoadRemoteSongListButtonActionListener$1.run(DatabaseDialog.java:596)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

When I got this issue before I ran a full scan and re-tried the client. This seems to fix the issue. I successfully downloaded the remote library.

I tried the above steps again and but this time nothing fixes.I still get this error at %99 everytime I try to connect.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

w1ll14m
    Participant

Hi Caribou ๐Ÿ™‚
    I like that applet nicely done with jnlp!

That ignore extension is a nice one! ๐Ÿ™‚
    I let mt-daapd also index my video’s because i created a browser thingy in php + extjs ๐Ÿ˜‰
    but when i use fireflyclient i want to play only supported files.

Maybe it’s possible to block video extensions by default ?

Greetz,
    William

shawnr13

Request for settings to make Firefly Client portable.

I carry the Firefly Client on my thumbdrive as I work on many computers
    during the day as I travel around the city. I would love to be able to
    store all of my settings, passwords, playlists, etc on my flash drive
    instead of having to redo them every time and never save for fear of
    forgetting to delete the hidden folder on a client’s machine with the
    address to my home server. Also, this would be to save myself from having
    to download my large (2.2 MB) playlist every time I want to listen to my
    music. I would like to see the .firefly folder saved to the same directory
    as where the firefly client is located, as a relative path, so that it can
    stay on the thumbdrive and keep all of my information safe and portable.

I already double posted this in the sourceforge feature request section.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Making this applet portable would be nice indeed ….

Any progress on the windows mobile version Caribou ?

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 187 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.