XBMC

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    tgor
    Participant

I’m running svn-1498 on XP Pro, XBMC T3CH 2.0.1 (Feb 1) and am not able to see firefly from the xbox. I can access my firefly shares from iTunes on other windows PCs, but not from XBMC (same as timeuser – ‘Could not connect to network server’). I can access the same MP3 files as SMB shares on that same PC from XBMC, so I know the xbox can access that PC over the network. My link on xbmc is daap://192.168.1.100 (I tried daap://192.168.1.100:3689 also).

I tried to set my debug level, but was unable to change it – can you instruct me? I didn’t see a place to set this in the conf file. I tried to start the service with the argument ‘-d 9’, and it seemed to ignore that (the log just said that the debug level was 2.

barnseyboy
    Participant

i have a reproducible issue (with xbmc2 and latest svn firefly), where …

i have a playlist with around 200 tunes in it.
    when i select a tune to play, an item around 10 tunes further down is selected and played.
    i can then continue down the list selecting each tune in turn, and the wrong (but same) tune is played.
    when i catch up to the selected tune playing in the list it is then selectable as usual, and the list continues to work further down.

make sense?

rpedde
    Participant

@barnseyboy wrote:

i have a reproducible issue (with xbmc2 and latest svn firefly), where …

i have a playlist with around 200 tunes in it.
    when i select a tune to play, an item around 10 tunes further down is selected and played.
    i can then continue down the list selecting each tune in turn, and the wrong (but same) tune is played.
    when i catch up to the selected tune playing in the list it is then selectable as usual, and the list continues to work further down.

make sense?

Yeah. But that’s kinda crazy. 🙂

Can you zip and email me your db to [email protected]? Even without the music, I can still feed the db to my xbmc and see what it’s trying to select.

— Ron

djurnove
    Participant

I’m having the same issue. Latest version of XBMC, latest version of Firefly (Windows). My Roku is able to connect to the Firefly server, but XBMC is not.

I’m using the default config for Firefly. I’ve tried the following settings in XBMC:

SLUG
    daap://192.168.1.102:3689

Firefly on PC
    daap://192.168.1.100

Firefly on PC 2
    daap://192.168.1.100:3689

Neither of the connections to the PC (192.168.1.100) worked. The connection to the SLUG works. I set the Firefly debugging to level 9, and it never sees a connection attempt from XBMC. When I connect with the Roku, the log shows connection attempts (and it works).

XBMC is definitely able to see the PC, as I can browse SMB shares on the PC from XBMC.

barnseyboy
    Participant

ron ive mailed you a zipped songs.db file and an email with some further details …

as requested .. heres my db file.

after further investigation i have deduced that this is a problem with the database/itunes server, not just its interaction with xbmc. as if i try to play these tunes in my PC Itunes client (6.0.5) these tunes also fail to start. (although unlike xmbc, itunes just stops dead, rather than moving on and playing the next playable file in the list).

The specific problem tunes are in the Classical playlist, anything with the album ‘The Mozart Collecxtion : Le nozze di Figaro (Highlights)’

kinda regards

db

rpedde
    Participant

@djurnove wrote:

SLUG
    daap://192.168.1.102:3689

Firefly on PC
    daap://192.168.1.100

Firefly on PC 2
    daap://192.168.1.100:3689

The default port is 9999 on the pc version. Did you try that?

192.168.1.100:9999

3689 is the default port for iTunes, so I moved the firefly port so as not to conflict. On the slug, I left it at 3689 because… well… you probably aren’t using iTunes on the slug. 🙂

— Ron

tgor
    Participant

I still haven’t figured out what I need to edit so that firefly starts with debug -9.

My firefly server port number is 9999. I have tried the following bookmarks without success:

Firefly Media Server daap://192.168.1.100:9999

Firefly Media Server2 daap://192.168.1.100:9999/My Music

Firefly Media Server3 daap://User:[email protected]:9999

The library name in Firefly is ‘My Music’.

I have a SMB link to the same PC from XBMC with this bookmark (this does work)

My Music smb://Usr:[email protected]/MP3 Music/

rpedde
    Participant

@tgor wrote:

I still haven’t figured out what I need to edit so that firefly starts with debug -9.

My firefly server port number is 9999. I have tried the following bookmarks without success:

Firefly Media Server daap://192.168.1.100:9999

Firefly Media Server2 daap://192.168.1.100:9999/My Music

Firefly Media Server3 daap://User:[email protected]:9999

The library name in Firefly is ‘My Music’.

I have a SMB link to the same PC from XBMC with this bookmark (this does work)

My Music smb://Usr:[email protected]/MP3 Music/

I’ve got someone elses database who is having problems. I’m going to take a look at it. it may be that it generalizes to the same problem you are having.

kodel
    Participant

just to let you know that my XMBC (build on latest SVN 10/02/07) isn’t connecting to Firefly SVN1498 either.

I’ll give it a try this evening with some older XMBC builds.

I’ve got all the usual stuff checked (connection to itunes as a client OK, IP and SMB connection between XMBC and PC ok, etc)

rpedde
    Participant

@kodel wrote:

just to let you know that my XMBC (build on latest SVN 10/02/07) isn’t connecting to Firefly SVN1498 either.

I’ll give it a try this evening with some older XMBC builds.

I’ve got all the usual stuff checked (connection to itunes as a client OK, IP and SMB connection between XMBC and PC ok, etc)

You also get the “cannot connect to server” message? If you run it in -d9, does it actually fetch stuff from the server?

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.