XBMC

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    marlowe
    Participant

The subject says it all. Ron, thank you very much.

barnseyboy
    Participant

hurrah!

brilliant thanks ron, i’ll get the latest HEAD and give it a try here.

bb

Anonymous
    Inactive

It works! WOOHOO! Thanks Ron!

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

Whew!

Glad to hear it.. Next up, FrontRow….

timeuser
    Participant

So is everyone saying it is now working with XBMC? I can’t get it to work. I’m running svn-1498 on Mac OS X 10.4.8. I can see the Firefly share with iTunes 7 on another computer on my network, so Firefly seems to be working as far as that. However, XBMC just says “Could not connect to network server.” Is it working for others? Please help or let me know if it’s just still a known issue. Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Double-check your settings in XBMC so it is trying to access the correct IP address and port.

Make sure you are using XBMC 2.0+.

Andy

barnseyboy
    Participant

yeah its working fine for me, in the past where ive got ‘not able to connect’ it was always an issue in my xbmc settings file.

slightly off topic .. is it me, or does it feel a bit slower to connect to firefly initially now? im running off an NSLU2 – which i appreciate is limited, and i have round 6000ish tunes, but its taking over a minute and a half to initially connect to firefly and get playlist/tune data (from either xbmc or PC).

timeuser
    Participant

I have XBMC 2.01. The IP settings are correct in XBMC because I can use them to connect from the other computer fine. It’s daap://192.168.11.4.

Perhaps it’s something with the Mac version of Firefly? Is anyone else using it on OS X with XBMC? Any other thoughts?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m using the linux version on Gentoo, built from source.
    I hope that helps.

rpedde
    Participant

@timeuser wrote:

I have XBMC 2.01. The IP settings are correct in XBMC because I can use them to connect from the other computer fine. It’s daap://192.168.11.4.

Perhaps it’s something with the Mac version of Firefly? Is anyone else using it on OS X with XBMC? Any other thoughts?

It might be a metadata issue, too.

Can you turn your debuglevel up to 9, and see if it actually connects to your server? I’m wondering if it’s not connecting, or if it *is* connecting, but it doesn’t like the response its getting. XBMC gives the same error in either event.

Also, if you have a problem with XBMC, you have to reboot it, since if it tries to connect when it isn’t running for example, and then you start he firefly server, it doesn’t try and connect again. It just reports a failure without even trying to connect.

So that could be an issue, too.

— Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 103 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.