How-to setup Firefly on a Synology disk station (powerpc)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues How-to setup Firefly on a Synology disk station (powerpc)

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    cstern
    Participant

@Hilversum wrote:

This is the result:

find / -iname music
    BusyBox v1.1.0 (2007.11.01-14:41+0000) multi-call binary

Usage: find [PATH…] [EXPRESSION]

I don’t know what it means.
    (Time to go to bed! I look forward to continuing this conversation tomorrow. Thank you very much for your help so far.)

I would suggest

find / -name music -type d -print

(-print may be implicit, but it should not harm)

It means: find, starting from “/” which is the top level directory on the system, items named “music” of the type “d” = directory, and print the result to the terminal.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I have a problem with playing mp3 files on my Roku Soundbridge 1001.
    I have installed the mt-daapd (1586) on my WD NAS and it works so far that Firefly finds the songs and I can search them on the Roku. My problem is that it can’t play them?!
    I have had all the songs previosly working on the NAS but with the Firefly running on my PC.
    Any ideas?!

(ps. i have aolso more info on my problem on: http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=6010&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60)

Please help me, I’m getting deperate!!!!

/Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I’ve trying for 2 days to install Firefly on my Diskstation DS107e. Everytime I tried to run sh ds101-bootstrap_1.0-4_powerpc.xsh it failed halfway through due to insuffient rights creating a folder.

It seems if I login as admin with my password, it’s not good enough. It only works if you use root as your username and then use your normal admin password.

It might be worth making this clear in your instructions to stop people going nuts !

Apart from this small oversight, many thanks for your efforts with the instructions….

Regards

cstern
    Participant

It was already there in 4c. I have now made it bold so it is more visible.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there a reason why I need to use the latest nightly build? I’m having some issues with it, and wonder if it’ll be a good idea to use the latest stable build instead.

cstern
    Participant

@Jimmy Carter wrote:

Is there a reason why I need to use the latest nightly build? I’m having some issues with it, and wonder if it’ll be a good idea to use the latest stable build instead.

At least the Pinnacle M1001 (which I have) will not work with the stable release. I don’t know which other incompatibilities (if any) there is.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cstern wrote:

@Jimmy Carter wrote:

At least the Pinnacle M1001 (which I have) will not work with the stable release. I don’t know which other incompatibilities (if any) there is.

I’m only interested in using the iTunes Server functionality to replace Synology’s default iTunes Server which doesn’t parse song numbers. Any experience with this?

And since I’m kind of shaky with everything Linux-related, can you reassure me that the way to reinstall another version of firefly is to simply follow your guide from step 5 using a different build instead? Or would I need to somehow remove the build I’ve installed first?

By the way, thanks for answering my questions and writing the guide in the first place 🙂 Much appreciated.

cstern
    Participant

I don’t know if the stable version supports song numbers when using iTunes – the nightly does. Also, I would assume that you can proceed from item 5 on with an update – but again I am not 100% sure.

I suppose Ron or one or the other real experts can give you the answer to both questions.

BTW, I don’t think it would be any easier to install the stable version compared to the nightly…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve installed firefly on my 209, and it works like a charm thanks a lot for the very nice guide, also usable for people who haven’t worked much with linux 🙂

I only have 1 question/problem, I have to reboot the NAS once a day, because I suddenly can’t login to firefly webpage, it asks for the password and I put it in but it doesn’t recognize it, also tried with the default passwords and none of these work either. After the reboot I can login with my password no problem… With could cause this?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Fuser,

I don’t have an answer but I also have the same problem on my Synology DS107e. I can’t login unless I reboot the Diskstation.

Very strange…..

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.