How-to setup Firefly on a Synology disk station (powerpc)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues How-to setup Firefly on a Synology disk station (powerpc)

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Firefly is running, I see the shared library in itunes on my mac. I think the problem is that is does not use the good protocol, the one that the soundbridge support (which is not the same as itunes). I have no idea why.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK – first test passed.
    2nd: Did you use different names for
    1) Servername of Diskstation/iTunes Service (default: “DiskStation”) and
    2) Servername of Firefly-Server (e.g. “Firefly_DiskStation”) – see configuration page of firefly (http://ip_address_of_diskstation:3689/config.html)

Maybe you’re always accessing the built in iTunes-service which is NOT compatible with Soundbridge?

Select 2) (e.g. “Firefly_DiskStation”) in the Soundbrige configuration menu.

Hope that helps 🙂
    Martin

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes I gave firefly a different name and to be sure, I disabled the built in itunes server of the DS207.
    But the problem is that I can’t see any name in the soundbridge. It just tells me “incompatible server found, you should use firefly blah blah”… but it is precisely what I would like to do 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Softwareversion of Soundbridge ?
    I’m using 3.0.44

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have tested with both the last public version and the last beta. No change.

Just one question to be sure. What exactly did you type on the DS207 telnet to install the firefly ? Just ipkg install ? Maybe it will show me something I did wrong.
    Did you do something about plugin in firefly ?

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did it exacly like in this description
    http://www.synology.com/wiki/index.php/Compiled_programs_for_Power_PC_CPU_based_Synology_Products

PS: You mentioned “the latest public firmware” – are you really talking about the soundbridge firmware? I used the built in upgrade mechanism of the soundbridge – 3.0.44 should be the latest one – doe you have the same version?

Anonymous
    Inactive

My version is the 3.0.51 (latest beta) but the problem was the same with previous one.
    Well I did exactly the same as in your link (except that 207+ has a different bootstrap and compiled package than 207, I take the good ones). I dont see what I am doing wrong.

Anonymous
    Inactive

❓ no idea ❓

Just to be sure – did you restart the diskstation and soundbridge?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes.
    Actually, I just found a solution. Firefly was not correctly installed due to some little endian / big endian problem.
    All the trick with a valid package is exposed here:
    http://www.synology.com/enu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5240&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
    Hope this may help other people.

Thanks for your time Marting.

soilage

I got the 107+ with the Marvel chip and I got Firefly working as well from the link above – thanks for that!

One major problem though is how to get flac to work. I’ve included .flac in the extension config, but Firefly doesn’t index them.
    My guess is that it could be a Firefly version problem?
    Any of you guys with that special compiled version got flac working?

On a slightly different note; isn’t there a way to download and use the compiled versions that are supplied here – instead of hoping that some kind soul compiles a special version for the Synology Marvel boxes?

Thanks and regards,
    Frank

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 76 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.