FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 781 through 790 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

One more thing. Would it be possible to add a “-” button to remove songs from the queue (and possibly the playlist being viewed per my prior comment)?

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

There is no way to create/delete/alter playlists yet. I assume you are doing that in the “native” FireFly page.

I still have plans to add playlist features in FirePlay. If I do, there will ofcourse be a possibility of deleting single items from static playlists.

The “delete from queue” will appear shortly!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awesome — thanks! (I don’t remember how I created the playlists)

jimb0

Hi,

I just discovered this thread – wow! I have already got this working through Firefox and can access my entire music collection at work.

Following this, I wondered whether I could do the same thing with my Nokia N95 but it seems I have the same issue as below. The swf file loads but then all I see is a big box flashing on and off over the main Fireplay screen, and the connection to firefly is never made.

I’d really like to help to move this forward if I can be of help in any way. I

James

@sonichouse wrote:

@pjlm wrote:

The fireplay webpage opens but the flash boxes flash on and off and it never connects and allows me to play the music. possibly an old version of flash???

Same issue as my PSP

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

This is one thing that really interests me. If we could get it to work on portable devices …Please everyone with handhelds, keep trying and come with suggestions on how to fix your problems.

Perhaps we could have a debug page which displays device capabilities ?
    Maybe a step by step connection with a [next] button to see how far it gets ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

I have loaded Fireplay on my DNS -323 NAS server that is running firefly and it works great.
    I have a few things that I have noticed but I am not sure if they are a problem my side or a generic limitation/problem, have not found anything on the forum.

1. When browsing a playlist if i have no filter specified (genre, artist, album) then I see no songs in the list or add anything to the queue.
    Same goes for entire library.

2. If I select one of the filters (eg album) then all the songs in the playlist appear but the filter is not applied so all the songs in the playlist appear not just the songs in the playlist that match that filter.
    No problems here when browsing the full library.

3. If I am listening to a queue of songs and start browsing the albums on the next song will play from the album I am browsing instead of the existing queue.

I am using version 0.89 of FirePlay.
    Would appreciate anyone’s advice on this.

Khalil

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

Your two first questions has been answered earlier. hey are limitations of the database queries.

This on however:

@habash wrote:

3. If I am listening to a queue of songs and start browsing the albums on the next song will play from the album I am browsing instead of the existing queue.

is extremely valuable feedback!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can understand that the limitation on the first item could be linked to a database but little unclear about how the second issue is linked to a database limitation.
    I couldn’t find the entry about this.

Just to clarify a little.
    I have two types of playlists programmed up on the firefly server, a static playlist and a smartplaylist.

When I select the smart playlist the genre, artist and albums are updated to reflect the contents of the playlist.
    If I select a filter by selecting only one of the artists then only the songs in the playlist that are by this artist appear.
    Normal.

I repeat this but with a static playlist.
    I select a filter by selecting only one of the artists.
    Still all the songs in the playlist appear not just the songs that are in the playlist that are from that artist.

Is this really due to a database limitation?

As for the 3rd point I have done some more “investigation” and noticed what I believe may clarify the issue further.

I have added some songs to the queue.
    Scenario 1
    I am playing a song (eg song number 4) and switch to browse albums.
    I switch back to the Queue just before the next song starts.
    The next song that starts playing is song 5 in the queue.
    Normal

Scenario 2
    I am playing a song (eg song number 4) and switch to browse albums. The song finishes while I am still browsing. I would expect that the next song that starts is the same as scenario 1, song 5 in the queue.
    Instead the next song that starts is song 5 in the album I am browsing.. 😕

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

1. Since I still can’t do sorted queries, I don’t want to populate the song list with your entire library, because that would take ages. However, if you choose all albums manually you can force this behaviour. (a limitation of FireFly)

2. Queries are not implemented on static playlists yet. (a limitation of FireFly)

3. Stupid programmers mistake. Even if a queue is defined, I use what’s showing in the songs list as queue. Will be corrected soon!

wwarren
    Participant

I thought I’d bring a Firefox addon called Prism that works great as an adjunct to FirePlay to your attention. You open any web page, such as your Fireplay library, and Prism turns it into a web app that has its own icon on your desktop, or quick launch area. The icon loads the page without opening Firefox and has no menus, toolbars, navigation buttons, status line, etc. You no longer have the problem of absent-mindedly closing your browser and having your music quit playing or having a webpage close or commandeer the tab FirePlay’s in.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6665 for Firefox 3
    There’s also a version of Prism that runs as a standalone app instead of as a Firefox addon that works with older Firefox versions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

wwarren,

I installed Prism and tested it with FirePlay. I get a “Click Here to Download Plugin” when I click on the shortcut. Otherwise this is a pretty cool idea because, as you note, I have inadvertently closed down Firefox without thinking about it (just the kneejerk reaction when done browsing).

Viewing 10 posts - 781 through 790 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.