FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 771 through 780 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

OK. I really have no idea why it doesn’t work in IE6. Can anyone else confirm?

Unless it’s an easy fix I won’t put any real effort in it though. Sorry.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Unless it’s an easy fix I won’t put any real effort in it though. Sorry.

It’s not a big issue for me now that I know why. I will only share my music to people close to me and they all use late editions.

Thanks for all help and keep upp the good work!

Regard
    Per

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

Hi everyone.

There is a new version out with a playing queue implemented. You can now cycle between Album and Queue songs by pressing the A->Q->A.

Add songs to the queue by pressing the plus-sign.

The shuffle is now enabled. Press it when you have added songs to the queue.

Note: If you start browsing songs when playing the queue, you will leave the queue playing.

This way FirePlay works exactly as before, if you are not interested in using the queue.

Please report all bugs. Thanks!

/Bo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow! This is exactly what I wanted!

This seems like a finished product to me, are you thinking of adding anything new? One thing I might recommend is making the album art smaller as it seems to distort the image as it appears to be blown up too large.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@fredbenz wrote:

Wow! This is exactly what I wanted!

This seems like a finished product to me, are you thinking of adding anything new? One thing I might recommend is making the album art smaller as it seems to distort the image as it appears to be blown up too large.

Thanks!

There are still some things I’d like to add. The playlist handling for example. There are some bugs I have already found.

As for the album art, I am a bit dissapointed that they don’t serve larger images. You can make it smaller by dragging the leftmost handle, but the you diminish the source list as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bo,

Brilliant program.

Perhaps you’re aware of a new Flash-based device called the Chumby. You can read about it at http://chumby.com.

Your player would be a real treat for people with this gizmo. The problem is that it does not have a browser UI, just plain SWF files. Therefore, there is no way to configure it for a server. Users basically just get a raw SWF file.

If you had a button within the SWF that would allow a user to specify the location of their FireFly server (and password), this would enable some testing.

Even better of course would be a UI optimized for the 320×240 screen of the Chumby, and a proper “Config” screen as specified by the Chumby people.

What do you think? I’m sure a free Chumby might be in this for the efforts 😉

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

The Chumby supports FlashLite only, so there might be some issues when trying to convert the source.

The smaller screen is a problem, but maybe solveable by scrolling the different lists, when a choice is made.

If you get me one, I’ll make an interface to the FireFly server! 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Bo,

There are a number of music sources supported on the Chumby already; when you get one you can see how they’ve implemented them, at least from a user interface standpoint. There’s obviously a lot of different levels for “support” of the Chumby and we could talk about them.

The board doesn’t allow me to send you a PM so, please drop me an email, wjm (at) wjm.org and we’ll talk some about it.

Bill

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

A new version with some bugfixes is now out.

– Fixes the playlist generation if you are viewing the queue
    – Fixes the “next song” issue, the first song was always played twice.
    – Moved around the buttons for the queue
    – Clarifying the volume bar

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Bo. This is an AWESOME app. I have been using it this morning and have no bugs to report. I do have a question, though — is there any way to remove songs from a playlist? I have worked around this by copying files from one playlist to another, then deleting the old one. However, I do not see a way to remove just a single song from an existing playlist.

Also, I noticed that, when I select a playlist, it originally lists ALL the genres/artists/albums in that list. However, when I select an artist or album, ALL the songs show up in the list below. So I cannot refine what I want to look at within a playlist.

Thanks much, this is very cool.

Viewing 10 posts - 771 through 780 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.