Slug / firefly corrupted by iBridge?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    peteg9
    Participant

I have been successfully using unslung 6.8 and a recent Firefly nightly to serve songs to my Roku for the past few months. My slug is unslung to disk 2 and my music is stored on that disk as well.

Recently, after using iBridge to control the server/Roku, I noticed that two servers by the same name showed up on the Roku server list. After that, I could no longer access my music and could no longer access the Firefly configuration page. I rebooted the slug but it will no longer boot from the disk. I can still boot it without disks attached though oddly its IP address got reset back to default. After booting without disks, I can plug in the drive and it is recognized. I ran fsck on the drive and it found and corrected some errors, but I still can’t boot from it. Any assistance is appreciated.

Pete

fizze
    Participant

Well iBridge is a windows application used to control the SB, right?

There isnt a reason I can think of other tahn coincidence that would corrupt your nslu2.
    The 2 other servers showing up on the SB points to issues on the slug, not on the soundbridge.

Does your soundbridge still work with other servers?

peteg9
    Participant

Good point. I have also had some dodgy power issues so perhaps that is the root cause. The two servers that showed up were two copies of “Pete’s Music” which was my Firefly server name. I have no way to test anything on the Roku until I get the NSLU2 back on its feet. Any ideas how to get it running again or “reslinging” it?

Thanks,

Pete

davesanti
    Participant

Pete, from experience I can tell you that the only success I had with “re slinging” was to go back to sqaure one and reflash..

I ended up re flashing with a windows sercom program with the original Linksys formware (available at their site).. then I flashed the unslung 6.8 using the upgrade feature, and un slung the Slug.

Perhaps the re flash to stock was unnecessary, but it worked for me.

Dave

peteg9
    Participant

Thanks. I guess I’ll do that. Do I need to remove any information currently on the disk or reformat it?

Pete

fizze
    Participant

erm, is your soundbridge not connected to the internet, so you could try internet radios……?
    As you are getting updates from roku, that should be possible.

peteg9
    Participant

You are correct. I can successfully attach / play internet radio stations. Any ideas?

Pete

fizze
    Participant

resling.
    Get the flash drive to a PC and format it. Then boot the slug without any drives attached and reformat the USB stick.
    Then unsling to that drive, from the top.

peteg9
    Participant

Thanks. I have unslung to a 200GB drive that also includes 50GB of music. Reformatting would be painful. Is there away to delete unslung info on the drive without reformatting it? Also do I need to reflash the slug?

Pete

rpedde
    Participant

@peteg9 wrote:

Thanks. I have unslung to a 200GB drive that also includes 50GB of music. Reformatting would be painful. Is there away to delete unslung info on the drive without reformatting it? Also do I need to reflash the slug?

Pete

I’ve been hesitant to offer anything here, as I’m not really a slug expert, but seems like if you re-sling to a fresh stick, you ought to be able to just plug the hard drive back in after the slinging is all done, and it ought to Just Work ™.

Anyone?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.