Running Two Copies of Firefly on a Single NSLU2

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Running Two Copies of Firefly on a Single NSLU2

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmmm..

Not sure what’s going on. The folders are all correct being read write for everyone, including the songs.gdb. The server doesn’t seem to have died as I can still access my main shared library in itunes. Any other thoughts?

Dave

kellyharding
    Participant

Wow. This is rather helpful 😀

Now I’ve got ‘Sorted’ and ‘Unsorted’ firefly instances, so I can choose to listen to/test the music I have thats unsorted and badly tagged seperately to the sorted stuff (vol. normalised, artwork added, tags sorted/added, file/dir sorted/corrected) which is the main db. 29,000+ for the ‘Sorted’ and 15,000+ for the ‘Unsorted’ so far… damn I have a rather varied taste I think!

Kelly

rpedde
    Participant

@pixelvapour wrote:

Not sure what’s going on. The folders are all correct being read write for everyone, including the songs.gdb. The server doesn’t seem to have died as I can still access my main shared library in itunes. Any other thoughts?

Can you post the configs, sanitizing passwords if necessary? Do you get any obvious errors in /var/log/messages? (or /var/log/syslog, can’t remember what it is on the slug)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry for the delay, been flat out.

Here is the config file that’s causing problems;

#
    # mt-daapd.conf
    #
    # Edited: Sat Feb 9 17:08:34 2008
    # By: ddf
    #
    web_root /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root
    port 3689
    admin_pw password
    mp3_dir /share/flash/data/public/mp3
    servername Lower bitrate
    runas guest
    playlist /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd2.playlist
    extensions .mp3,.m4a,.m4p
    db_dir /opt/var/mt-daapd2
    rescan_interval 600
    scan_type 0
    always_scan 0
    process_m3u 0
    compress 0

I can cd to the mp3_dir so the path seems correct. The songs.dgb file is 3Mb so it would appear to have stored the song names.

OK I just tried deleting the working config file and re-naming the problem mt-daapd2.conf to the default mt-daapd.conf. It still doesn’t work, and errors in the same way. Not sure what this means but possibly suggests a problem with the share folder.

Dave

I couldn’t find any relevant errors in the var/logs folder.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK I managed to fix this. It was a folder permissions problem.

Cheers

Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.