Playlist Wizard

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    rick

rick wrote:

Change the script tags from self-closing ones () to opening and closing tags ().

Of course that should have been “…( <script/> ) to opening and closing tags ( <script></script> )…”

Post edited by: rick, at: 2005/11/10 22:09

rpedde
    Participant

Nice… I did indeed boot up a windows machine, had a look at it, saw absolutely no errors, couldn’t get the *#$)@# javascript debugger to work, decided that windows was such an uncomfortable development platform I gave up.

Glad you didn’t, though.

I looked at that and looked at that and was COMPLETELY mystified. I tried “debugging by removing giant sections of html” and still nothing rendered.

For a company whose bread and butter is development tools, I’m surprised development on IE is so… bad. Open source generally has losing, cumbersome tools, but the moz js debugger (Venkman) is amazingly great. Maybe the IE team should aspire to mozilla.

Seriously, thanks for finding this. I was wrathful and cursing Microsoft. 🙂

rick

I’m happy to help. I write web apps for a living, so the <script/> problem is something I’ve run into and learned to avoid. Sorry I didn’t take a look sooner.

rpedde
    Participant

Clearly I don’t!

— Ron

rick

Back on the original topic of my playlist wizard. 🙂

I’ve made some updates, and thrown together a page for it here: http://migrantcoder.com/daapd/

You can play with a copy of it there, and anyone who wants to use it can download a patch for the latest nightly (20051117). Let me know if there are any problems with the patch.

The one big feature still lacking is loading a playlist, so it’s still useless for editing. That’s coming, though.

–rick

rpedde
    Participant

nice…

as far as loading a playlist — what if there was a way to retrieve a particular playlist not just as text, but the parse tree as represented in JSON? Then you could just eval it, and set dropdowns based on the returned object.

Something like:

{“rootnode”: {
    “left”: {
    “expression” : {
    “field” : “genre”,
    “optype” : “string”,
    “notflag” : “0”,
    “operator” : “includes”,
    “value” : “rock”
    }},
    “optype” : “logical”,
    “operator” : “and”,
    “right” : {
    “expression” {
    “field” : “year”,
    “optype” : “int”,
    “notflag” : “0”,
    “operator” : “=”,
    “value” : “1980”
    }}
    }

which would be “(genre includes “rock”) and (year = 1980)”

Not sure if that’s all balanced and all, but you get the idea. Basically every node has an optype, which is logical, string, int or date, logicals are ands or ors, with a right and left node. string int and date are expressions with field, operator and value, with a boolean for not.

Probably pretty trivial to emit from mt-daapd… I have to build the parse tree to emit sql anyway, could just as easily make it drop the parse tree as JSON.

Let me know if you think it would be helpful.

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.