mt-daapd And Avahi (Instead of Howl)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues mt-daapd And Avahi (Instead of Howl)

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    BFEINZIMER

so with your rpm will this make mt-daapd work with avahi on fc5?

quintesse

Well except for the “Rendezvous not supported” in the web interface everything seems to be working fine. An iTunes running on a Windows machine in the network immediately picked up the fact that mt-daapd was running and was able to play my mp3 just fine (problem that I have now is that most of my music is Ogg, but the latest unreleased version of mt-daapd seems to be able to do automatic conversions, haven’t tried it though).

BFEINZIMER

well can you please post a link to the rpm

quintesse

Well I’d rather not post any non-official RPMs but there is no reaction from any of the mt-daapd developers ๐Ÿ˜•

Send me an email to my username here on the forum @gmail.com and I’ll send it to you. In the mean time if anybody knows how to get the attention of the developers….

rpedde
    Participant

@quintesse wrote:

Send me an email to my username here on the forum @gmail.com and I’ll send it to you. In the mean time if anybody knows how to get the attention of the developers….

An easy way would be to post to the forums. (AUTHORS might be another place to start).

— Ron

quintesse

Well I am posting to the forums, aren’t I? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thing is, having read your messages I thought you were the person to get in touch with so I assumed my message would get trhough to you. So I guess I assumed wrong?

rpedde
    Participant

@quintesse wrote:

Well I am posting to the forums, aren’t I? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well yeah, that was the point. Except I hadn’t realized there was an outstanding question to me. (sorry!)

As far as uploading a user-contributed RPM to sourceforge, I won’t do that. SF doesn’t have a way to mark a binary as “user contributed”, or “unofficial”, so I have a hard time doing that.

I hope to have some time to work on the web site to be able to post user-contributed binaries, as I get them from time to time, and it would be nice to have them all collected in one place. Sadly, i find myself working on the server to the exclusion of the web site.

Perhaps after a 1.0 release I’ll have time to bring the web stuff up to speed. Dunno.

In any event, if you were to email me (ron at pedde.com) the specfile you used, I’d be happy to include it in the contrib directory and credit you, or if you have a place you can post a binary, I’d be happy to direct people to it. Until I have a place to store user-contributed binaries, though, I really don’t know what to do with a $RANDOM_DISTRO rpm.

— Ron

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.