mt-daapd And Avahi (Instead of Howl)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues mt-daapd And Avahi (Instead of Howl)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    luke802

I am using Fedora Core 5 and trying to setup the mt-daapd as a music server for our office. I am unable to get it to work using Avahi for the mDNS. has anyone done this before? I have tried using the latest stable version of the mt-daapd rpm with no luck.

Note: From Terminal i can do service mt-daapd start and the service starts ok… yet when i do service mt-daapd stop it just says “Shutting down mt-dapd” but never says OK or FAILED.

Also other pc’s cannot access the url: 192.168.2.200:3689 for the admin section… No Firewals are up….

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

rpedde
    Participant

@luke802 wrote:

I am using Fedora Core 5 and trying to setup the mt-daapd as a music server for our office. I am unable to get it to work using Avahi for the mDNS. has anyone done this before? I have tried using the latest stable version of the mt-daapd rpm with no luck.

The rpm that you downloaded almost certainly doesn’t have support for avahi. You can compile mt-daapd against avahi in howl compatible mode, and there is also a patch floating for native avahi. I’ll probably integrate one of the ones floating around here before the next stable.

Bosi

I also use FC5 and tried to install mt-daapd but with no success. How can i compile mt-daapd against avahi in howl compatible mode?

And where can i find the patch for native avahi?

Thanx,

willrea

The avahi patch can be found here

rpedde
    Participant

@willrea wrote:

The avahi patch can be found here

Is that against current avahi, and does it apply to nightlies?

willrea

Current avahi and the stable release of mt-daapd

rpedde
    Participant

@willrea wrote:

Current avahi and the stable release of mt-daapd

Do you mind if I integrate that?

willrea

Nope, go right on ahead

BFEINZIMER

im talking to rpedde hopefully we might see a build with avahi intrgated by next week

quintesse

I built an RPM for FC5 but I can’t find any way to contact the developers to tell them about it, so if any of you reads this and is interested in posting it to sourceforge I’ll be happy to send it.

I built it using the latest stable code with the avahi-howl-compat libraries. Haven’t tried the native avahi patch yet.

Update: the RPM now contains the native avahi patch.

Update 2: unfortunately the admin web interface says that Rendezvous is not supported. Any ideas? (the avahi-daemon is installed and running)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.