mp4 video support

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Xioustic

I’ve noticed you added m4v support in one of your nightlies (Thu, 12 January 2006) but you failed to add mp4 as a video file type, I think. While I haven’t tried streaming an m4v file, I believe there is an issue with mp4 files because they are streamed like audio.

mp4 files and m4v files are interchangable and should be treated as such (you can rename a m4v file to an mp4 file and vice versa with no problems, at least, from what I’ve read). Any chance you could add mp4 files to the list of files to parse as video? I’d like to be able to stream my TV episodes from my computer. They’re all in mp4 format… Renaming them all to m4v would be a chore. πŸ™

Thanks! This rocks.

rpedde
    Participant

@Xioustic wrote:

I’ve noticed you added m4v support in one of your nightlies (Thu, 12 January 2006) but you failed to add mp4 as a video file type, I think. While I haven’t tried streaming an m4v file, I believe there is an issue with mp4 files because they are streamed like audio.

mp4 files and m4v files are interchangable and should be treated as such (you can rename a m4v file to an mp4 file and vice versa with no problems, at least, from what I’ve read). Any chance you could add mp4 files to the list of files to parse as video? I’d like to be able to stream my TV episodes from my computer. They’re all in mp4 format… Renaming them all to m4v would be a chore. πŸ™

Thanks! This rocks.

Have you tried one? Does it work? If so, I’ll add it ot the next nightly.

Xioustic

Yep, just renamed one (mp4 to m4v) and it plays precisely the same in QT, MPC, and VLC.

Please add it. πŸ˜€

rpedde
    Participant

@Xioustic wrote:

Yep, just renamed one (mp4 to m4v) and it plays precisely the same in QT, MPC, and VLC.

Please add it. πŸ˜€

In my local tree… It will go into svn with next commit. You’ll see it next nightlies.

— Ron

Xioustic

When’s the next nightlies going to be released? The dorms are getting anxious about having a community iTunes share with TV episode collections available, and this is impossible without the update… Well, not without my iTunes library getting funktified from a lot of renaming file extensions.

I wish I weren’t so restricted with WinXP, I’d edit it myself. πŸ˜€

rpedde
    Participant

@Xioustic wrote:

When’s the next nightlies going to be released? The dorms are getting anxious about having a community iTunes share with TV episode collections available, and this is impossible without the update… Well, not without my iTunes library getting funktified from a lot of renaming file extensions.

I wish I weren’t so restricted with WinXP, I’d edit it myself. πŸ˜€

I hoped this weekend, but I still have two things to finish — index support with the daap plugin and a automated build tree. Maybe tonight still, if not, then definitely tomorrow.

— Ron

Xioustic

Now == Day After Tomorrow? πŸ™

rpedde
    Participant

@Xioustic wrote:

Now == Day After Tomorrow? πŸ™

Clearly. The daap module stuff is all working on unix platforms, but broken on win32. Almost there, though.

— Ron

blamm
    Participant

Hi.

Does this work yet?

rpedde
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

Hi.

Does this work yet?

Yes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.