Install Firefly on OpenWRT – error: "not found"

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Install Firefly on OpenWRT – error: "not found"

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    fizze
    Participant

Well, there’s ipkg for OpenWRT, and its part of OpenEmbedded now, so I do not see why it shouldn’t compile with the unslung environment, if thats configured properly?

Your links looks promising.

To compile an ipkg for unslung on an NSLU2/arm5 its very easy to install a cross-compile toolchain on top a Linux OS.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

Well, there’s ipkg for OpenWRT, and its part of OpenEmbedded now, so I do not see why it shouldn’t compile with the unslung environment, if thats configured properly?

Your links looks promising.

To compile an ipkg for unslung on an NSLU2/arm5 its very easy to install a cross-compile toolchain on top a Linux OS.

I don’t understand what you mean πŸ™
    – Should I use another firmware (unslung?)
    – Should I compile something on another linux OS? (sounds difficult)

This page says that with Optware-uClibcBuild (which I am using) I can use the ddwrt package feed:
    http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/Optware-uClibcBuild
    this way I was able to install samba for example. If I understand correctly Optware-uClibcBuild is a kind of toolchain? (or not?)

Is it an indication on being able to get the latest firefly working on openwrt?

fizze
    Participant

You’re on the right track πŸ™‚

See section entitled “And what if the program I need is not available in the existing packages?” on that very page you linked to.

Obviously you need to execute these commands on a linux box with internet access. It then automagically downloads and installs a lot of stuff so that YOU can compile packages (ipkg’s) for YOUR specific device.

So, thats what you want, isn’t it? πŸ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

I’m afraid that compiling packages is a bit out of my league.

But I still want to thank everybody for all the suggestions.

I once installed mt-daapd via ipkg feed for openwrt as my pinnacle Soundbridge has no license for the daap protocol so I hoped to get the latest version running. But maybe one day a linux guru compiles the latest firefly for openwrt…

rpedde
    Participant

@Martinierius wrote:

@fizze wrote:

I’m afraid that compiling packages is a bit out of my league.

But I still want to thank everybody for all the suggestions.

I once installed mt-daapd via ipkg feed for openwrt as my pinnacle Soundbridge has no license for the daap protocol so I hoped to get the latest version running. But maybe one day a linux guru compiles the latest firefly for openwrt…

I’m hesitant to mess with my openwrt box, because it’s my internet router. :/

Maybe I can hook up a different router and then use that for a test bed. If I did, it wouldn’t be for a while, though. I’m working on the stable first.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

I’m hesitant to mess with my openwrt box, because it’s my internet router. :/

Maybe I can hook up a different router and then use that for a test bed. If I did, it wouldn’t be for a while, though. I’m working on the stable first.

I understand

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.