Install Firefly on OpenWRT – error: "not found"

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Install Firefly on OpenWRT – error: "not found"

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1899
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    My system is an ASUS WL-500g Premium running OpenWrt White Russian – With X-Wrt Extensions 0.9 and I’m trying to get Firefly in it’s latest version running. Reason: I own a Pinnacle Soundbridge Radio…

    I followed the tutorial on http://www.macsat.com/macsat/content/view/16/30/ to make an environment for the so-called opt-packages.
    Only difference with this tutorial is that I made changes to /etc/profile instead of /etc/profiles but I guess that should work.

    – This is from /etc/profile:

    export PATH=/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:/opt/usr/bin:/opt/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib:/opt/usr/lib:/opt/lib
    export PS1='[email protected]:w$ '

    – This is from /opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd:

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/lib
    if [ -n "`pidof mt-daapd`" ] ; then
    killall mt-daapd 2>/dev/null
    fi
    sleep 2
    /opt/sbin/mt-daapd -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf

    Then I went for it with the following command:

    ipkg-opt install mt-daapd

    Lots of dependancies => lots of packages get installed in /opt
    (/opt is a softlink to /mnt/disc0_1/opt/)

    when I now try to start Firefly:

    [email protected]:~# /opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd
    /opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd: 13: /opt/sbin/mt-daapd: not found
    [email protected]:~#

    I’m looking into several forums for 2 days now. It might be something stupid but I keep ignoring what I’ve done wrong.

    #14149
    fizze
    Participant

    well instead of the init-script try to locate and run the mt-daapd binary yourself in command line-mode.

    it only needs a -c parameter that points to the mt-daapd.conf file.
    This should give you pointers where to look. I guess you might run into dependency problems, but generally the WL500 is known to be able to run mt-daapd.

    #14150
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Thanks for your reply,

    I get the same error when running the command directly:

    [email protected]:~# /opt/sbin/mt-daapd -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf
    -ash: /opt/sbin/mt-daapd: not found
    [email protected]:~#

    I’m sure I should get this running on OpenWRT (regardless of my router model).
    I just don’t understand what the error is trying to tell me. Something is not found, maybe a library or a package? These are the installed packages installed by ipkg:


    alac-decoder - 0.1.0-2
    bash - 3.2.17-1
    flac - 1.1.4-1
    ivorbis-tools - 1.0-6
    libao - 0.8.8-1
    libcurl - 7.17.0-2
    libid3tag - 0.15.1b-1
    libogg - 1.1.3-3
    libvorbis - 1.1.2-5
    libvorbisidec - cvs-20050221-2
    mss-ld-so - 1.0-1
    mss-libhelper - 1.0-1
    hdn-tools-3.2.3
    mt-daapd - svn-1696-1
    ncurses - 5.6-1
    openssl - 0.9.7m-3
    readline - 5.2-2
    sqlite - 3.4.1-1
    sqlite2 - 2.8.16-1
    zlib - 1.2.3-2

    And this is strange… ipkg-opt gives me the same list? In fact the list seems to hold the packages installed by ipkg-opt. Ipkg has a different list of packages (for example samba).

    #14151
    rpedde
    Participant

    @Martinierius wrote:

    Thanks for your reply,

    I get the same error when running the command directly:

    [email protected]:~# /opt/sbin/mt-daapd -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf
    -ash: /opt/sbin/mt-daapd: not found
    [email protected]:~#

    I’m sure I should get this running on OpenWRT (regardless of my router model).
    I just don’t understand what the error is trying to tell me. Something is not found, maybe a library or a package? These are the installed packages installed by ipkg:


    alac-decoder - 0.1.0-2
    bash - 3.2.17-1
    flac - 1.1.4-1
    ivorbis-tools - 1.0-6
    libao - 0.8.8-1
    libcurl - 7.17.0-2
    libid3tag - 0.15.1b-1
    libogg - 1.1.3-3
    libvorbis - 1.1.2-5
    libvorbisidec - cvs-20050221-2
    mss-ld-so - 1.0-1
    mss-libhelper - 1.0-1
    hdn-tools-3.2.3
    mt-daapd - svn-1696-1
    ncurses - 5.6-1
    openssl - 0.9.7m-3
    readline - 5.2-2
    sqlite - 3.4.1-1
    sqlite2 - 2.8.16-1
    zlib - 1.2.3-2

    And this is strange… ipkg-opt gives me the same list? In fact the list seems to hold the packages installed by ipkg-opt. Ipkg has a different list of packages (for example samba).

    Assuming that the binary is really there, the error means that a shared library isn’t found. Do a “ldd” on the binary and see what it can’t find.

    You should also check that your LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes /opt/lib

    — Ron

    #14152
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    I’m really lost now:

    [email protected]:/mnt/disc0_1/opt/sbin# ls
    ldconfig mt-daapd mt-daapd-ssc.sh
    [email protected]:/mnt/disc0_1/opt/sbin# ld mt-daapd
    -ash: ld: not found
    [email protected]:/mnt/disc0_1/opt/sbin# echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    /lib:/usr/lib:/opt/usr/lib:/opt/lib
    [email protected]:/mnt/disc0_1/opt/sbin#
    #14153
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    @Martinierius wrote:

    These are the installed packages installed by ipkg:


    alac-decoder - 0.1.0-2
    bash - 3.2.17-1
    flac - 1.1.4-1
    ivorbis-tools - 1.0-6
    libao - 0.8.8-1
    libcurl - 7.17.0-2
    libid3tag - 0.15.1b-1
    libogg - 1.1.3-3
    libvorbis - 1.1.2-5
    libvorbisidec - cvs-20050221-2
    mss-ld-so - 1.0-1
    mss-libhelper - 1.0-1
    hdn-tools-3.2.3
    mt-daapd - svn-1696-1
    ncurses - 5.6-1
    openssl - 0.9.7m-3
    readline - 5.2-2
    sqlite - 3.4.1-1
    sqlite2 - 2.8.16-1
    zlib - 1.2.3-2

    And this is strange… ipkg-opt gives me the same list? In fact the list seems to hold the packages installed by ipkg-opt. Ipkg has a different list of packages (for example samba).

    I found the cause for this: ipkg-opt was first in the path-list.
    When I run:

    /bin/ipkg list_installed

    I get the packages installed by ipkg:

    base-files - 9 - OpenWrt filesystem structure and scripts
    base-files-brcm - 2 - Board/architecture specific files
    bridge - 1.0.6-1 - Ethernet bridging tools
    busybox - 1.00-5 - Core utilities for embedded Linux systems
    dnsmasq - 2.35-1 - A lightweight DNS and DHCP server
    dropbear - 0.48.1-1 - a small SSH 2 server/client designed for small memory environments.
    haserl - 0.8.0-1 - a CGI wrapper to embed shell scripts in HTML documents
    ip - 2.6.11-050330-1 - iproute2 routing control utility
    ipkg - 0.99.149-2 - lightweight package management system
    ipkg-opt - 0.99.163-9 -
    ipkg-sh - 0.99.149-2 - lightweight package management system (shell version)
    iptables - 1.3.3-2 - The netfilter firewalling software for IPv4
    iwlib - 28.pre7-1 - Library for setting up WiFi cards using the Wireless Extension
    kernel - 2.4.30-brcm-5 -
    kmod-brcm-wl - 2.4.30-brcm-5 - Proprietary driver for Broadcom Wireless chipsets
    kmod-diag - 2.4.30-brcm-5 - Kernel modules for LEDs and buttons
    kmod-ext2 - 2.4.30-brcm-5 - Kernel modules for EXT2 filesystem support
    kmod-ext3 - 2.4.30-brcm-5 - Kernel modules for EXT3 filesystem support
    kmod-switch - 2.4.30-brcm-1 - switch driver for robo/admtek switch
    kmod-usb-core - 2.4.30-brcm-5 - Kernel Support for USB
    kmod-usb-storage - 2.4.30-brcm-5 - Kernel modules for USB storage support
    kmod-usb2 - 2.4.30-brcm-5 - Kernel driver for USB2 controllers
    kmod-wlcompat - 2.4.30-brcm-4 - Compatibility module for using the Wireless Extension with broadcom
    libgcc - 3.4.4-9 - GCC support library
    libncurses - 5.2-7 - a terminal handling library and common terminal definitions
    libpopt - 1.7-4 - a command line option parsing library
    mtd - 5 - Tool for modifying the flash chip
    nvram - 1 - NVRAM utility and libraries for Broadcom hardware
    rsync - 2.6.5-0 - utility that provides fast incremental file transfer
    samba-server - 2.0.10-2 - NetBIOS/SMB file and print server
    screen - 4.0.2-1 - A 'window manager' for the terminal session
    swap-utils - 2.12r-1 - Swap space management utilities
    uclibc - 0.9.27-9 - Standard C library for embedded Linux systems
    uclibc-opt - 0.9.28-12 -
    webif - 0.2-1 - A modular, extensible web interface for OpenWrt.
    wificonf - 6 - Replacement utility for wlconf
    #14154
    rpedde
    Participant

    @Martinierius wrote:

    I’m really lost now:

    [email protected]:/mnt/disc0_1/opt/sbin# ls
    ldconfig mt-daapd mt-daapd-ssc.sh
    [email protected]:/mnt/disc0_1/opt/sbin# ld mt-daapd
    -ash: ld: not found
    [email protected]:/mnt/disc0_1/opt/sbin# echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    /lib:/usr/lib:/opt/usr/lib:/opt/lib
    [email protected]:/mnt/disc0_1/opt/sbin#

    That’s “ldd”, not “ld”.

    #14155
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    😳 Typo…

    But sadly enough, problem still there:

    [email protected]:/opt/sbin$ ls
    ldconfig mt-daapd mt-daapd-ssc.sh
    [email protected]:/opt/sbin$ ldd mt-daapd
    -ash: mt-daapd: not found

    In the mean time I moved /opt to a dedicated partition which is mounted in /opt instead of using a softlink from /opt to /disc1_1/opt.
    No change 🙁

    I’m quite sure now it has something to do with installation to the /opt directory. But surely someone must have done this before me onder openwrt? If I succeed I promise to write a tutorial for openwrt!

    #14156
    rpedde
    Participant

    @Martinierius wrote:

    😳 Typo…

    But sadly enough, problem still there:

    [email protected]:/opt/sbin$ ls
    ldconfig mt-daapd mt-daapd-ssc.sh
    [email protected]:/opt/sbin$ ldd mt-daapd
    -ash: mt-daapd: not found

    In the mean time I moved /opt to a dedicated partition which is mounted in /opt instead of using a softlink from /opt to /disc1_1/opt.
    No change 🙁

    I’m quite sure now it has something to do with installation to the /opt directory. But surely someone must have done this before me onder openwrt? If I succeed I promise to write a tutorial for openwrt!

    That’s peculiar… ldd should show you what libraries the binary requires.

    Are you sure mt-daapd isn’t a symlink to somwhere that isn’t there?

    #14157
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    I have the exact same problem.

    doing ldd I get ‘-ash: mt-daapd: not found’ and mt-daapd is NOT symlinked.

    /regards
    Henrik

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.