FireStats – Top 40 php script (now with added charts)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software FireStats – Top 40 php script (now with added charts)

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Are there any changes to the DSN after the update?

I upgraded to svn-1696 and have served 35 songs according to the firefly server status, but firestats still shows 0. It still shows correct song, playlist and album counts, just none of the “played” values…

sonichouse
    Participant

The DSN should be the same.

Do you have the sqlite query tool for windows ?, If so, can you issue

select count(*) from songs where play_count > 0

Your problem may be related to this report

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well your software appears to work perfectly. Unfortunately FireFly doesn’t record the play counts, and I have yet to find a fix for that… so I can’t really take advantage of what your script offers 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there an official site available? There is no documentation inside the zip-package and srsly, that really sucks…

EDIT: Okay, if you would at least include an example firestats.ini it would maybe have been enough. Now everything works and looks pretty nice! =) But I still strongly recommend to include a short documentation!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s a sample INI file…

[API]
    Lib = 1

[FIREFLY]
    host = HOSTNAME
    port = PORT
    DSN = sqlite:C:/Program Files/Firefly Media Server/songs3.db

[General]
    Debug=0
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, thanks. I managed it by myself after reading through the sources, but there are users who are not able to do this (and it costs time) – so it would be really useful to update at least the first post in this topic and provide a sample file or better a short documentation there – I am just caring because I really like that add-on. =)

Anonymous
    Inactive

The addon is really slick! I just wish the playcount field could be fixed since that bug results in really only the recently added stuff from FireStats working for me…

sonichouse
    Participant

@bugmenot wrote:

Is there an official site available? There is no documentation inside the zip-package and srsly, that really sucks…

EDIT: Okay, if you would at least include an example firestats.ini it would maybe have been enough. Now everything works and looks pretty nice! =) But I still strongly recommend to include a short documentation!

Hi Bugmenot,

Sorry that your first experience was one of frustration.
    I released this to the public domain so that people could adapt/use it on their own systems – and in my own way contribute to the project.

The software has grown organically, and feedback from other users prompted the addition of the .ini file (which is optional).

Ron was going to bundle some of the third party plugins into a release, and I supose at that stage I would have considered some documentation, and would have made the code more robust.

The ini structure is documented in this thread, and I had assumed that people would have found that – but I accept that I could add a default ini file for people to amend.

Hope you enjoy using this as much as I did writing it.

Steve.

paulman88

Where do i upload these files?
    I have ubuntu Apache2 running if that helps.

Thankyou
    Paul

sonichouse
    Participant

@paulman88 wrote:

Where do i upload these files?
    I have ubuntu Apache2 running if that helps.

Thankyou
    Paul

The files can reside anywhere on your web server.

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 176 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.