FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 751 through 760 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Tims wrote:

The expected behavior would be for the first song in the newly selected album to be played.

The sizing issues are not limited to the play list. How about a minimum player size to stop overlapping of controls? This would be a small issue though; works good for a web based app!

1. When you have played one song, the next one up is number two right? There you have it…

2. I’m not going to limit the minimum size. If you want to freak the looks of the application out, you should be allowed to do it. It’s better to be able to make it the size that you need, with cluttered interface, than not being able to see the controls at all.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Bo Mellberg wrote:
    1. When you have played one song, the next one up is number two right? There you have it…

Quote:
    Except for the time where you changed the album after starting a song.

Start a song>
    Select a new album (The first song in the new album is highlighted but is not playing)>
    The second song in that newly selected album plays next! Should be the first

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Tims wrote:

Start a song>
    Select a new album (The first song in the new album is highlighted but is not playing)>

You still don’t get it do you? When song number two is up, song number two is up even if you change album, no matter what song is selected. If you play song number three from an album and switch to another one, song number four from that album will start playing. This is because of the lack of a queue.

If the newly selected album only has one song, how am I supposed to play number two?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@Tims wrote:

Start a song>

You still don’t get it do you? When song number two is up, song number two is up even if you change album, no matter what song is selected. If you play song number three from an album and switch to another one, song number four from that album will start playing. This is because of the lack of a queue.

If the newly selected album only has one song, how am I supposed to play number two?

your not that’s my point number one should play! I think it would make more sense to on change of the song list to reset it to play the first song. That would go for the album part of the new A>Q>P> button as well.

If one switched to a new album they would presumably want to hear the new album from the beginning not from where they left off in the old one. Yes?

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Tims wrote:

If one switched to a new album they would presumably want to hear the new album from the beginning not from where they left off in the old one. Yes?

I agree. In the next version, if you start browsing around, the next playing song should be the first one from the new album, unless you double click something else.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It would be awesome if I could rate the tracks from the flash interface. Is that on the roadmap or even possible?

fizze
    Participant

It’s been discussed eversince. Currently firefly doesn’t support that.
    It might be done thru some other plugin, or server-side scripting.

Anonymous
    Inactive

would the server side scripting just be changing the id3 tag on the mp3? or would it have to change it in the sqllite db as well?

fizze
    Participant

Probably both. I remember Ron was talking about implementing a rescan procedure that would only rescan specific files. If you take this into account, then you only need to worry about metadata. Not everything is an MP3 with ID3, you know. 😉

With a Sqlite backend its easy enough to update the DB info. And you can get the currently playing song from the XML from firefly, as well as the db-info.

removablebrain
    Participant

I set up a new FF server (osx/1586/sqlite3) that works fine with the Roku & iTunes. With FirePlay, any selected track only buffers a quarter of the way then dies. The track plays fine up until that point.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 10 posts - 751 through 760 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.