FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 741 through 750 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@marquis wrote:

You need to set those variables in three places within the html file. Have you done that?

Anonymous
    Inactive

argh 1x missing 🙁 many thx

but why prompts me the browser to adminpass “webserver” after i start
    fireplay from 192.168.1.222/firefly/FirePlay.html

here an step by step by me

1. url = http://192.168.1.222/firefly/FirePlay.html -> xampp (firefly is on xx.250)
    2. password prompt -> htaccess (my own)
    3. site is loading
    4. connecting to firefly -> popup again a loginwindow (firefly webserver) ->why

no connect ….

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@marquis wrote:

1. url = http://192.168.1.222/firefly/FirePlay.html -> xampp (firefly is on xx.250)
    2. password prompt -> htaccess (my own)
    3. site is loading
    4. connecting to firefly -> popup again a loginwindow (firefly webserver) ->why

no connect ….

Because FirePlay asks for xml from xxx.250.xxx.xxx there need to be a “crossdomain.xml”-file in the admin-root. Unfortunately, you can’t read the crossdomain.xml without authenticating as admin on the Firefly server.

You can try to add your admin username and password in the html-file, perhaps it will work:

FirePlay?host=admin:*****@xxx.250.xxx.xxx&port=3689&preventdownload=0

Remember: “FirePlay” in one spot and “FirePlay.swf” in the two other…

Anonymous
    Inactive

ah ok thx

the admin pass in this html is a little bit insecure ^^ ok i let the Fireplay an my Server 2 where is FireFly running ^^

many thx now all works i hope i can connect from wan (dyndns) to play my music.

bye

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love this script but the resizing of the flash player seems to work weird sometimes.

I know the genaret playest greats a XML file but how would i use that?

Are you working on the togale butten A Q P? i would realy like a way to build a song que!

When I select all genre and all artist and all album should it show and que all songs on the server? Performance issues? Howe about listing all songs under a selected genre?

and one more:

If I am playing an album and select another album it seems to start playing from the second song down or if there is only one song it wont play until double clicked??

RigasW
    Participant

Hi Bo,

thanks for our help ….

Not quite right, it should look like this:
    Code:
    FirePlay.swf?host=hostname.homelinux.org&port=3689&preventdownload=0

You seem to have lost the ampersand (&) and the “.swf”

So a last try … may be I understand something wrong:

firefly can be reached via

mydomain.homelinux.org:3689
    (this addresses my admin-root)

I created a second website (with thttpd) on the same slug with the address

fireplay.mydomain.homelinux.org
    (uses standard port 80)
    This is the website with fireplay.

crossdomain.xml is in admin-root.

In FirePlay.html I give the following:

‘FirePlay?host=mydomain.homelinux.org&port=3689&preventdownload=0’,

Leads to an authentication prompt …

If I give

‘FirePlay?host=fireplay.rwmunich.homelinux.org&port=3689&preventdownload=0’,

it as well leads to an authentication prompt.

Any ideas?

Can crossdomain.xml be read without authentication? (it is in admin root, after all?)

Rigas

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@RigasW wrote:

Can crossdomain.xml be read without authentication? (it is in admin root, after all?)

Rigas

No. See above answer. This is the problem…

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Tims wrote:

I love this script but the resizing of the flash player seems to work weird sometimes.

I know the genaret playest greats a XML file but how would i use that?

Are you working on the togale butten A Q P? i would realy like a way to build a song que!

When I select all genre and all artist and all album should it show and que all songs on the server? Performance issues? Howe about listing all songs under a selected genre?

and one more:

If I am playing an album and select another album it seems to start playing from the second song down or if there is only one song it wont play until double clicked??

* The resizing is not implemented on the “create playlist”

* To use the playlist, copy all text and save it in a new document called “playlist.xspf”. Open that document in foobar2000 or another xfps-capable player.

* The AQP-button is progressing slowly.

* If you want to view all songs in your database you’ll have to select the first album and shift-select the last one. I won’t be held responsible for the time it takes though.

* If you select another album, it will start playing songs from that album, when the current song ends, until I finish the “Q” mode.

removablebrain
    Participant

Hi Bo,

Great work on this…working like a charm both locally and via ssh.

A suggestion – Sometimes I’ll be playing a track, and while that song is still playing, I click around to other albums in FirePlay. All works well, but it would be nice to have a simple way to jump back to current song playing. Would it be possible to say, double-click on the track name at the top (not the progress bar) and have it jump to that song or album?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

* If you select another album, it will start playing songs from that album, when the current song ends, until I finish the “Q” mode.

That’s not what I am seeing! If the newly selected album only has one song nothing happens. If it has two or more songs it starts playing from the second song on the list.

The expected behavior would be for the first song in the newly selected album to be played.

The sizing issues are not limited to the play list. How about a minimum player size to stop overlapping of controls? This would be a small issue though; works good for a web based app!

The rest where expected answers 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 741 through 750 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.