FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 721 through 730 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@yngve wrote:

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

If you tick it, doesn’t it show up automatically the next time? If it doesn’t, your browser is not coockie-enabled. I have ticked mine and it is the default when starting FirePlay.

It works like that for me too, and that’s good. However, my point is that it should have been enabled by default for first time visitors also. If then someone (for some strange strange reason) didn’t what to see cover art, they can uncheck it.

OK, gotcha! When it was first implemented, there was some suggestions of the opposite, so that’s what I chose to do. I’ll actually change it to “default on” in the next version, because that’s what I feel it should be as well.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Hiroshi wrote:

Hi.

I have used Firefly server for 3 months.
    Recentry I found Fireplay on this forum.
    I tried many times to install it.
    But but it does not work.
    Of course I changed 3 points of Fireplay.html
    I think Fireplay does not work 2byte code language like Japanese etc.
    Messages are below
    “Connecting ***.***.***.***”
    “Conected “

Clicking search icon, html lines shows in GENRE/ARTIST/ALBUM

Only one time, it did works !
    But I do not know why it did works.

This is very important to fix. It would be very bad if FirePlay did not support 2-byte characters. I have not done anything to actually make it support it yet, but let’s try.

I have worked with traditional chinese, kanji and japanese in Flash before so I know it can be done. Could you email some xml containing 2-byte to [email protected] and I will see what I can do.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

OK, gotcha! When it was first implemented, there was some suggestions of the opposite, so that’s what I chose to do. I’ll actually change it to “default on” in the next version, because that’s what I feel it should be as well.

Good 🙂

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

A new version (0.87) is out.

The only difference is that the playlist cookie is removed. The cookie caused strange problems when a playlist was deleted. It might return if I write some sanity checking code for the playlist cookie. Also the album art is on by default.

There is also a new button that cycles AQP, but it does nothing yet. It will be the toggling of Album, Queue, Playlist later on.

/Bo

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve just tested 0.87. I like the default “show cover art” 🙂

RigasW
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to come back to the subject “listening to music without having to provide username and password”. It seems that there is a solution to that problem, but I did not understand it ….

So this is my scenario:

One slug with the firefly server installed on it. In the “admin-root” folder of firefly I originally installed the fireplay files. In order to listen to fireplay, I had to connect to http://www.mydomain.org:3689/FirePlay.html. Then I was asked for a user-id and a password. After entering that, I could listen to my music …

Now I tried a password-free configuration:

As I run a thttpd webserver on my slug too, I created a website “fireplay.www.mydomain.org”. In the root folder of this domain I copied all the files that belong to fireplay.

I then edited FirePlay.html in that way, that I entered “host=www.mydomain.orgport=3689”.

When browsing to “fireplay.www.mydomain.org/FirePlay.html” Fireplay opended without asking for a password. But then it tried to connect to http://www.mydomain.org … and never managed to list to songs, that were waiting in firefly.

So – what did I miss?
    Thanks for your help.

Rigas

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

Rigas: Have you added the “crossdomain.xml”-file to your admin-root folder. It is needed for Flash to be able to get the necessary xml-files from the FireFly server.

RigasW
    Participant

Hi Bo,

yes, I did. (first I called it crossdomainS.xml – as written on the page before) than crossdomain.xml but neither of them worked.

The file sits in the admin-root folder of firely.

I gave it all the permissions I could give it …

I even tried to put it in the folder of fireply … but that did not help, either.

Any ideas?

Rigas

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

What happens if you address the server with ip-address? Also put the ip-address in the fireplay.html.

RigasW
    Participant

Hi Bo,

the ip-address only exists behind my dsl-router (it is a non routable 192.168.178.x address …)

So the client that calls from the internet cannot resolve that address (or is the resolving done by fireplay on the slug-server?)

I nevertheless tried it – it did not work

Rigas

Viewing 10 posts - 721 through 730 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.