FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 711 through 720 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

I guess thats it. If the swf-file and FireFly can be reached by the same ip/hostname, crossdomain.xml wouldn’t be needed.

I setup a cname, virtual server on apache, and changed it so fireplay pointed to the new server name. No more authentication prompts.

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@jennytoo wrote:

I’m playing with this specifically for use on my Wii which I just got. Seems like it’d make sense to use it as a mediaplayer, although so far if I let it play, after about half an hour it complains of memory exhaustion.

I think this was mentioned in early in this thread, but I’m not sure.

I know I saw this somewhere, but mostly related to individual songs being too long, whereas it seems to be an issue in general.

Probably is mentioned here, but this is a /long/ thread.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@jennytoo wrote:

I setup a cname, virtual server on apache, and changed it so fireplay pointed to the new server name. No more authentication prompts.

Absolutely brilliant!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just love fireplay! I discovered it yesterday. My girlfriend loves it too. Now she finally can listen to our music from her firewalled office. And I have had so many problems with getting iTunes playing from my NSLU stable in my office. It is incredible that a flash application on less than 100 k can do just the same as iTunes (well, I don’t use much of the advanced stuff in there).

Bo, I’ll by you a beer if I ever meet you 🙂

And to some questions:

1. Is it possible to have a “Compilationsâ€

Bo Mellberg
    Participant
    yngve wrote:
    I just love fireplay! I discovered it yesterday. My girlfriend loves it too. Now she finally can listen to our music from her firewalled office. And I have had so many problems with getting iTunes playing from my NSLU stable in my office. It is incredible that a flash application on less than 100 k can do just the same as iTunes (well, I don’t use much of the advanced stuff in there).

Bo, I’ll by you a beer if I ever meet you 🙂

And to some questions:

1. Is it possible to have a “Compilationsâ€

Anonymous
    Inactive

> 1. Yes, it would be possible.

Very good! 🙂

> Is there a common way of how people tag their compilations? Some rippers just type “VA” or “V/A” in the artist field, which is too weak for detection.

No that is not the detection iTunes and other players use.

> In Tag&Rename there is a “Part of compilation” field. Is this what you use?

Yes! In iTunes there is also a “Part of a compilation” field that’s used in compilations.

2. I actually just wanted to make the default choice “show cover artâ€

RigasW
    Participant

Hi Bo,

thanks for this great piece of software.

Backend:
    SlugOS/BE; svn 1586, 5500+ mp3 files.

Frontend:
    Linux Thin Client “www.Zonbu.com”, 1 Ghz CPU, no fan, attached to TV and stereo amp.

I operate the frontend with a wireless keyboard – often I shut down the TV display after I start to listen to an album.
    For that it would be helpful, if one could control FirePlay with just pressing keys like p for “pause” , n for “next”, …

May be you could implement something like this one day ..

Rigas

Bo Mellberg
    Participant
    yngve wrote:
    2. I actually just wanted to make the default choice “show cover artâ€
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@RigasW wrote:

For that it would be helpful, if one could control FirePlay with just pressing keys like p for “pause” , n for “next”, …

May be you could implement something like this one day ..

Rigas

Hmm, yes, definately doable. Especially when I get the queue-list done.

Hiroshi

Hi.

I have used Firefly server for 3 months.
    Recentry I found Fireplay on this forum.
    I tried many times to install it.
    But but it does not work.
    Of course I changed 3 points of Fireplay.html
    I think Fireplay does not work 2byte code language like Japanese etc.
    Messages are below
    “Connecting ***.***.***.***”
    “Conected “

Clicking search icon, html lines shows in GENRE/ARTIST/ALBUM

Only one time, it did works !
    But I do not know why it did works.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

If you tick it, doesn’t it show up automatically the next time? If it doesn’t, your browser is not coockie-enabled. I have ticked mine and it is the default when starting FirePlay.

It works like that for me too, and that’s good. However, my point is that it should have been enabled by default for first time visitors also. If then someone (for some strange strange reason) didn’t what to see cover art, they can uncheck it.

Viewing 10 posts - 711 through 720 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.