"connection to server failed"

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    powerpool

Hi again, trouble between firefly and sound bridge 1001, i could establish a connection between iTunes (Local Laptop) and Firefly Server, but ím unable to establish a connection between the SoundBridge and the Server. I got the Message: “connection to server failed”. A collegue a few days before hat the same trouble and the issue was the second IP Adress on the same NIC but my nic has only one IP Adress. I hope enyone could give me a Tip… Thanks PP

taboman
    Participant

Are you using the Roku original Soundbridge or is it Pinnacle branded?

powerpool

Hi it is a pinacle, why?

Anonymous
    Inactive

mac or pc?

if it’s a mac then check out my advice here:

http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8764&highlight=

scroll down to my post on the thread. That may sort you out.

if it’s a pc… sorry, not my bag!

powerpool

Hi andyg i´m sorry it´s a PC with Suse 9.2 Linux installt, but i can tould you that no Firewall runns on it, because i use M0N0Wall as Firewall on a different Engine to secure my Network from outside. But thanks for your Help

powerpool

Hi andyg i´m sorry it´s a PC with Suse 9.2 Linux installt, but i can tould you that no Firewall runns on it, because i use M0N0Wall as Firewall on a different Engine to secure my Network from outside. But thanks for your Help

and i would use the SoundBridge inside my LAN

rpedde
    Participant

@powerpool wrote:

Hi it is a pinacle, why?

Worth rebooting the soundbridge, too… sometimes I find that it suddenly stops connecting for no reason. Not sure what that’s about. Memory leak, maybe.

powerpool

Hey rpedde, thanks but this doesent solve the Problem. I wait 3 Minutes bevore i reconnect the power adapter… I Use the pinnacle in German language and the perdant error Message in German is: SoundBridge hat im Netzwerk einen oder mehrere DAAP-Server (wie z.B. ITunes) gefunden, kann aber keine Verbindung herstellen. Um mit SoundBridge auf diese Server zugreifen zu können empfehlen wir die Verwendung des Firefly Media Server, kostenlos erhällich auf http://www.rokulabs.com/pinnacle.

This means that SoundBridge hase been found one or more DAAP-Server (such as ITunes) but is unable to establish a connection to them. And the SoundBridge means i should be use the Firefly Media Server…

Stubid, or i don´t understand it…

rpedde
    Participant

@powerpool wrote:

Hey rpedde, thanks but this doesent solve the Problem. I wait 3 Minutes bevore i reconnect the power adapter… I Use the pinnacle in German language and the perdant error Message in German is: SoundBridge hat im Netzwerk einen oder mehrere DAAP-Server (wie z.B. ITunes) gefunden, kann aber keine Verbindung herstellen. Um mit SoundBridge auf diese Server zugreifen zu können empfehlen wir die Verwendung des Firefly Media Server, kostenlos erhällich auf http://www.rokulabs.com/pinnacle.

This means that SoundBridge hase been found one or more DAAP-Server (such as ITunes) but is unable to establish a connection to them. And the SoundBridge means i should be use the Firefly Media Server…

Stubid, or i don´t understand it…

Ooooh… that message is a message that *really* means “you are using an AVM router”.

Right?

AVM doesn’t seem to do multicast right (instead chooses to do mdns proxying), and if you have one device on the wired side and the other device on the wireless side, it doesn’t work.

It will work to connect by iTunes, but not with the soundbridge. To fix it, you must either:

1. Put both sides on the same side of the router — make both the server and soundbridge wireless, or both wired.
    2. Use a different router than the AVM. Linksys, dlink, whatever.

I’d add a:

3. Bug AVM to fix this — they can do it by implementing multicast, or by proxying _rsp._tcp.

— Ron

powerpool

Hey rpedde, sorry but this also doesen´t help, i test it with an CAT5 Cable and got the same result. I Use A Linksys with an alternate Firmware an WAP 54g with an older Firmware (may be build one year ago)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.