"connection to server failed"

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    taboman
    Participant

Ron was almost right 😉

I assume you are using mt-daapd from the offical version (0.2.4). This will NOT work.

Short description:

Soundbridge is a product of Roku. Fine, works with both iTunes and RSP compatible servers.
    Pinnacle licensed it for distribution (mostly in Europe I assume). Same system, different firmware. Does NOT work with iTunes.

mt-daapd version 0.2.4 does ONLY iTunes compatible streams. So forget it.

Or, switch to the latest nightly build 1348 atm, which will work for you.

Viel Glück,

Ron

powerpool

Hi Ron, i´m amazed about your words… last as i walked on the pinnacle site they tould me in thair official Documentation, it shut works good with firefly and the SoundBridge says to (unable to connect the server, please use firefly) and now i hear that this only works with a special beta!!! Stupid but i test it soon @Ron Thanks

rpedde
    Participant

@powerpool wrote:

Hi Ron, i´m amazed about your words… last as i walked on the pinnacle site they tould me in thair official Documentation, it shut works good with firefly and the SoundBridge says to (unable to connect the server, please use firefly) and now i hear that this only works with a special beta!!! Stupid but i test it soon @Ron Thanks

Ha! I should have guessed that first! Always choosing the harder answer rather than the easier answer. 🙂

I guess I assumed you were already using nightlies.

My bad. Sorry..

— Ron

powerpool

Hi rpedde, thanks for your help, now it works, but i have an other question, how i can tould the SoundBridge to play all title on the mp3 Server roundom and cross over, now i have to serch about Albums etc… I have more hundret title on the Server and it is a lot of work to give them in the playlist…

thanks

Powerpool

rpedde
    Participant

@powerpool wrote:

Hi rpedde, thanks for your help, now it works, but i have an other question, how i can tould the SoundBridge to play all title on the mp3 Server roundom and cross over, now i have to serch about Albums etc… I have more hundret title on the Server and it is a lot of work to give them in the playlist…

I’m not sure I understand what your question is. It sounds like you are asking how to make playlists, but I’m not sure if that’s exactly it.

powerpool

Hi rppde, may be, i like to play any mp3 File on the server but with out to add every mp3 on a Playlist, is there an option to say play all you found?

thanks

cromei
    Participant

I’d just add a smart playlist with all of your titles in it.

Craig

rpedde
    Participant

@cromei wrote:

I’d just add a smart playlist with all of your titles in it.

Craig

Except there already *is* a playlist with all the titles in it — the library.

On the soundbridge, just do browse -> songs and hit the first song. It should play all the songs in order (or random, if you pick shuffle).

cromei
    Participant

True 🙂 I forgot about that after setting up playlists for the WAF of navigating the Soundbridge… Everything in one place…
    Craig

powerpool

Hi@all,

thanks now it works god

powerpool

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.