Basic configuration question…

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

Congrats. Enjoy.

— Ron

john.v

I read this thread with interest, as I have exactly the same problem trying to edit the mt-daapd.playlist file. Being very new to Linux I am learning fast!

I too have installed nano in the root, with no errors coming up and “Nothing to be done” appearing if I try to reinstall.

I too can list the directory containing the .plylist and .conf files and cat them to read them.

Unfortunately, I too get the “nano: No such file or directory” when trying to edit with nano.

Dave.B, did you get to the bottom of this and find out what the problem was??

Post edited by: john.v, at: 2006/04/17 18:02

rpedde
    Participant

Might be a library path thing. I set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my .bashrc

try this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib nano

and see it that works.

— Ron

john.v

rpedde wrote:

try this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib nano

Many thanks forthe reply! When I tried this from the root, I got:

# ld_libray_path=/opt/lib nano
    nano: No such file or directory
    #

… which is the problem I got before with nano not being able to be used.

On another track (perhaps related?) when I try to edit the file from within Windows, I can open the file, but not save it back again. I get a refused permission type message. Do I have to go through changing permissions for files like .playlist and .conf that I may want to edit?

rpedde
    Participant

The windows thing is permissions related.. when you copy stuff around as root, it does so with restricted permissions, so you don’t accidentally move something around and make it writable by everyday users. That’s a FEATURE, not a BUG. 🙂

wrt to the nano thing, try it with LD_LIBRARY_PATH capitalized.

I think the deal is that it can’t find a library it wants. Thats all I can think.

or:

foo@slug:~$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib
    foo@slug:~$ nano

— Ron

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.