0.2.2 Feedback

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    saintdev

dholst wrote:

I found in a previous thread that turning radio back on, for those that have turned it off, will bring the shared libraries back. It worked for me anyway.

Was just about to mention that, but it looks like you beat me to it. It really baffled me as why all of a sudden my server disappeared. Turned Radio back on and poof, there it was again.

Here’s my report:
    Gentoo 2005.0 (amd64), from tarball, success

CCRDude
    Participant

Checkbox for looking for shared music was still checked, radio was on. Disabled and re-enabled both to no avail. But than, my problem may be a more general one (see my new post in the setup issues forum) since 4.9 now fails as well.

velociped
    Participant

Just echoing the comment made by gpf/Ste a few hours back, the patched source still has yet to appear at SourceForge. Also, some individuals on the NSLU2 list are whining that it has not appeared in the feeds. Apparently, there are quite a few who are lost without the ability to use “ipkg update”…”ipkg upgrade”! :-

At present the link on the root page is linked to the nightlies node. As soon as the files are propagated to SourceForge, I will reconfigure to link to the package section there.

–Herman

velociped
    Participant

Tony,

Are you experiencing problems with iTunes 5.0 and the latest mt-daapd nightlies? TMK, the shared library issue only applies to the stable release, 0.2.1.1.

I am using iTunes 5.0 (34) with cvs-20050815 and have experienced no problems. At present I have only upgraded iTunes on two of my 10.3.9 machines, though.

–Herman

rpedde
    Participant

I committed the iTunes 5 patch to unslung cvs last night, and shortly after that rwhitby had it propogated to monotone.

It’s still in unslung as 0.2.1.1, but the ipk number was incremented, as I just applied the “fix” patch. I won’t push 0.2.2 to unslung until the packages are on sf.net.

I want to fix the freebsd problem, though, before I push an official 0.2.2. The fix for amd64 broke freebsd. As a worst case, I’ll ifdef around it and throw packages up tonight.

— Ron

rpedde
    Participant

fletch, don’t know if you saw the earlier postings, but did you enable “radio” on the sidebar? Some other bug reports were saying that if the radio section was disabled on the sidebar, then shared libraries didn’t show up either.

Apparently an iTunes 5 bug.

fd0

I was worried when returned after business trip and updated my Tiger install.
    Damn.. mt-daap incompatible 🙁

patched 0.2.1 on Gentoo linux. orig install was using tarball.
    working fine :laugh:

clients:
    Mac osx latest iTunes (Tiger)
    Windows: iTunes 4.7.1.30
    Roku soundbridge M1000

hunkydory

Thanks for the fix

fd0

Post edited by: fd0, at: 2005/09/09 22:24

the_witness
    Participant

How do I install the patch? I’ve installed mt-daapd from the RPM for FC3.

Thanks

rpedde
    Participant

Re: How to install patch

You’ll have to install using the tarball or build a new RPM from the 0.2.2 source. Look at the DOCUMENTATION tab on the left, and there should be info on how to build a RPM file from a tarball.

I’m going to upload the 0.2.2 stuff to sf.net today, and generate RPM files over the next couple days.

I’ve somehow lost my RedHat/FC vmware images, so I’ll have to reinstall them and will probably take me a couple days.

— Ron

rpedde
    Participant

Re: How to install patch

You’ll have to install using the tarball or build a new RPM from the 0.2.2 source. Look at the DOCUMENTATION tab on the left, and there should be info on how to build a RPM file from a tarball.

I’m going to upload the 0.2.2 stuff to sf.net today, and generate RPM files over the next couple days.

I’ve somehow lost my RedHat/FC vmware images, so I’ll have to reinstall them and will probably take me a couple days.

— Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.