Reply To: Avahi support

Mike
Participant

That still didn’t do the trick. In order to get it to ./configure I had to use the following:

./configure --disable-glib --disable-qt3 --disable-qt4 --disable-gtk --disable-pygtk --disable-mono --disable-mono-docs --disable-gtk --with-distro=none --disable-python --prefix=/usr

which is a little much. Wasn’t the point of automake and so forth that most of these things were “auto”-detected? Anyway, that’s beside the point. Now that it ./configure’s, make’s, and make install’s, it doesn’t build enough of avahi to be of any use. Trying to compile mt-daapd against the resulting build of avahi fails. How can a simple mDNS responder need so many darn bits of software on my system? I mean, Avahi may not be bloatware in an of itself, but apparently it wants me to install so many other pieces of software that I don’t need or intend to use in any way shape or form that it certainly deserves to be in the same catagory as openoffice or the best microsoft can produce…
Sorry, just when a system service wants me to install everything this side of the moon to work it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.