XBMC & Firefly Hookup

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can someone explain how to connect XBMC with Firefly? I’m trying to share my Itunes music with XBMC. I have FF running, it’s showing up in my Itunes, but I’m not sure what to do to get xbmc to see it. I have my xbox networked over a wireless lan. I can see the xbox hd over lan and vise versa.

Thanks.

kellyharding
    Participant

Make sure you’re using a recent SVN build of XBMC first. http://t3ch.yi.se/ for the latest builds.

Secondly, XBMC looks for only a specific port (forget what it is off hand, think it is 3869?), FF uses 9999 by default now iirc.

As a side note, XBMC is unable to see any music shared by iTunes 7.x, only iTunes 6.x shares will work with it.

But I can confirm that FF and XBMC do work together, as I tested it here at my GF’s on her softmodded XBOX.

When I’m back home I intend to softmod my own XBOX and get FF and XBMC working. When I do I’ll update the wiki appropriately as needed.

Kelly

Anonymous
    Inactive

Make sure you’re using a recent SVN build of XBMC first. http://t3ch.yi.se/ for the latest builds.

Secondly, XBMC looks for only a specific port (forget what it is off hand, think it is 3869?), FF uses 9999 by default now iirc.

As a side note, XBMC is unable to see any music shared by iTunes 7.x, only iTunes 6.x shares will work with it.

I have the latest build.

I have 3689 as the port on XBMC and FF.

Yeah, I know it doesn’t work with IT7, but was pointed to FF as a workaround.

Thanks for the info. I guess I’m wondering what I’m suppose to select on the XBMC side when I setup the connection. I’ve been using Itunes Share Daap option + the ip# of the machine running FF.

kellyharding
    Participant

@Woven wrote:

I have the latest build.

I have 3689 as the port on XBMC and FF.

Yeah, I know it doesn’t work with IT7, but was pointed to FF as a workaround.

Thanks for the info. I guess I’m wondering what I’m suppose to select on the XBMC side when I setup the connection. I’ve been using Itunes Share Daap option + the ip# of the machine running FF.

IIRC you need to edit the source.xml file (or whatever it is called) manually and add it to that file.

The Itunes daap share defaults to 192.168.1.100 too iirc.

Kelly

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well.. my xbox connected to firefly and I can see the Itunes play list in XBMC, but when I click on a song nothing happens.. If I click to many times it says, “To many failed items”.

rpedde
    Participant

@Woven wrote:

Well.. my xbox connected to firefly and I can see the Itunes play list in XBMC, but when I click on a song nothing happens.. If I click to many times it says, “To many failed items”.

You’ll want to make sure you are using nightlies, and not 0.2.4. I think nightlies works okay with xbmc. Or last time I tried it did, anyway.

kellyharding
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

You’ll want to make sure you are using nightlies, and not 0.2.4. I think nightlies works okay with xbmc. Or last time I tried it did, anyway.

One of the last 3 nightlies worked fine with it IIRC. I’ve not managed to softmod my own xbox yet to get XBMC set up.

It is a bit annoying that XBMC can’t connect to iTunes 7.x shares though, hopefully they’ll fix that in a upcoming SVN version.

Kelly

rpedde
    Participant

@kellyharding wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

One of the last 3 nightlies worked fine with it IIRC. I’ve not managed to softmod my own xbox yet to get XBMC set up.

It is a bit annoying that XBMC can’t connect to iTunes 7.x shares though, hopefully they’ll fix that in a upcoming SVN version.

Kelly

Probably won’t… apple keeps changing the encryption scheme whenever someone figures it out, so nobody is much interested in continuing to chase it down.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is the version I’m using: Firefly Media Server (svn-1696).exe.
    It shows the playlists in XBMC, but clicking a song is a no go.

The thing is.. I reverted my macbook’s xp os back to Itunes 6.5 and while I don’t need FF to connect to that version of Itunes, I’m having the same issue. I can see playlists right from Itunes share, but no Itunes bought music plays. If I convert to Mp3 it will play that.

Is it simply the Itunes protection of purchased music?
    I was under the impression that xbmc could stream the unconverted Itunes songs..

kellyharding
    Participant

@Woven wrote:

This is the version I’m using: Firefly Media Server (svn-1696).exe.
    It shows the playlists in XBMC, but clicking a song is a no go.

The thing is.. I reverted my macbook’s xp os back to Itunes 6.5 and while I don’t need FF to connect to that version of Itunes, I’m having the same issue. I can see playlists right from Itunes share, but no Itunes bought music plays. If I convert to Mp3 it will play that.

Is it simply the Itunes protection of purchased music?
    I was under the impression that xbmc could stream the unconverted Itunes songs..

Thats the latest windows nightly.

Is your library entirely made up for music bought through iTunes? if it is only iTunes will play those tracks (if the computer is ‘authorized’) as they’re DRM locked.

Kelly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.