xbmc and firefly rating problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ulysses
    Participant

heyla!

great program!

but there is something i miss.

when i try to connect to xbmc to the firefly lib. and i select a song i do not see the rating of the song..
    pretty shit.. cause i use the ratting really offten…

And also when i create a new play list in itunes it takes quite some time until i see it on the firefly server..

why?? 😯

rpedde
    Participant

@ulysses wrote:

when i try to connect to xbmc to the firefly lib. and i select a song i do not see the rating of the song..
    pretty shit.. cause i use the ratting really offten…

That’s a xbmc thing, I think. The rating info is there. Try connecting with iTunes.

And also when i create a new play list in itunes it takes quite some time until i see it on the firefly server..

That’s the configuration option called “scan_interval”.

— Ron

ulysses
    Participant

hmmmzzz.. πŸ™„

I will try to set the interval , but doesnt that take a lot of cpu power ? like right now its 600 sec. the default …

And when i connect itunes i get the full info of the song with rates.. grrr πŸ‘Ώ

rpedde
    Participant

@ulysses wrote:

hmmmzzz.. πŸ™„

I will try to set the interval , but doesnt that take a lot of cpu power ? like right now its 600 sec. the default …

Sure. That’s why I set it to 0 to disable scans, and manually scan using the web interface when I want changes to be applied.

But yeah, that’s your trade off:

1. Short scan interval: wasted cpu, but stuff shows up faster
    2. Long scan interval: less wasted cpu, but stuff shows up later
    3. Don’t use the scan at all: have to scan manually.

Those are your options.

And when i connect itunes i get the full info of the song with rates.. grrr πŸ‘Ώ

xbmc issue then.

— Ron

ulysses
    Participant

Then isnt it posible that it only scans the itunes.xml file for updates in ratings.
    And the making of playlists etc..

That wouldnt take a big amouth of cpu power to do every minute…

is it posible to seperate those 2 ? πŸ˜›

rpedde
    Participant

@ulysses wrote:

Then isnt it posible that it only scans the itunes.xml file for updates in ratings.
    And the making of playlists etc..

That wouldnt take a big amouth of cpu power to do every minute…

is it posible to seperate those 2 ? πŸ˜›

Actually, it takes less to do the fs scan. The iTunes scanning is the most cpu intensive and longest part of the scan.

But no, currently the two aren’t separated. It’s possible, yeah, but it’s a fair chunk of code and I’d have to prioritize it after the playlist enhancements and upnp support.

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.