Wma problems with firefly svn 1376

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Wma problems with firefly svn 1376

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    micha1983

HI,

I’am a new member of this group and i found this group by googling for mt-daapd and wma’s.

i have downloaded firefly mediaserver svn 1376.

everytimes when i put a wma in my music directory i don’t see the wma’s in i-tunes.

but mp3’s sounds good with i-tunes.

In a early version witch i had installed. ( V. 0.2.4) I can see the wma’ when i put .wma to the extensions but i can’t play them.

i also put wma to the extensions in the 1376 version and also to the ssc_extensions.

but i can’t see the wma’s in itunes or play them. the mt-daapd.log also found only the mp3s.

i do not have a lot of experience with unslug.

so can somebody please help me to play wma’s with itunes.

Later i want to update my ipod with mt-daapd is that possible?

thank you for answering.

Bye

Michael

rpedde
    Participant

@micha1983 wrote:

i also put wma to the extensions in the 1376 version and also to the ssc_extensions.

but i can’t see the wma’s in itunes or play them. the mt-daapd.log also found only the mp3s.

The double-check the config file, and stop and start the server. It sounds like the configuration line is typoed, or that the server hasn’t re-read the config.

so can somebody please help me to play wma’s with itunes.

Your bigger problem is that the slug doesn’t transcode wma files — there isn’t a fast enough decoder for WMA to run on the slug right now. The slug doens’t have hardware floating point, and it is a pretty slow CPU, so trying to convert from wma to wav takes longer than realtime — which means that if we tried to do transcoding on the fly, it would stall frequently, and make the “buffering” window keep popping up on the iTunes client.

Later i want to update my ipod with mt-daapd is that possible?

Nope, that’s just an iTunes thing.

— Ron

micha1983

thanks. that means, that i can’t play wma’s with the nslu at this time.

so i only can stream wma’ with mtdaapd when it is installed on a pc.

so the nightly version svn 1376 is not the right thing for me. i also can install the staible version.

or is there another good feature witch the nightly supports and the staible version is not supporting?

rpedde
    Participant

@micha1983 wrote:

so the nightly version svn 1376 is not the right thing for me. i also can install the staible version.

The best version for windows is svn-1359. That’s the most stable version of the nightlies, so you’ll get the best of both worlds — stability and new features.

– Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.