WMA metadata behavior issues…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    grommet
    Participant

re: Firefly Media Server svn-1004 on Windows, with Roku SoundBridge M1000 as a client

So far I’ve found a few issues with the WMA metadata behavior. If “WM/AlbumArtist” (Album Artist) exists, it supercedes the Artist information.

So, if I have a track with an Artist of “Billy Joe Bob” and an Album Artist of “DJ Mixmaster Bob”… I only see “DJ Mixmaster Bob” as the Artist when browsing or playing. This is for WMA. It’s even worse for true compilations, where I might have Album Artist set to “Various Artists” or “Original Soundtrack”. In MP3 ID3v2.3, the functional Album Artist tag equivalent (TPE2, aka “Band”) is ignored by Firefly and I just see the normal Artist.

Also, in WMA… there can be multiple artists defined for a track. The metadata format supports this… just like FLAC’s metadata does. I only see the first entry in Firefly. (Of course, I don’t think the concept even exists in Firefly’s logic right now… iTunes definitely doesn’t deal with it.) In WMC 2.0, I can browse/search by any of the defined artists for a track… and even the Album Artist. (And when playing, I see the first Artist defined… which is just fine.)

In summary, I guess what I really want is it to behave like Microsoft’s WMC 2.0 as much as possible… I’d love to switch to Firefly simply because of the lack of UPnP AV overhead and the direct AAC support.

rpedde
    Participant

Mail me an example .wma at ron at pedde.com, and I’ll work on it.

I have weak wma support because I don’t have any wma files. Sad, but that’s how it is. 🙂

If you send me some samples, I’d be happy to beef up the parsing on them.

— Ron

grommet
    Participant

Sample sent. Good luck! 🙂

Burkhardi
    Participant

I second the request for multiple tag support with Firefly!

rpedde
    Participant

@Burkhardi wrote:

I second the request for multiple tag support with Firefly!

On the timeline, but post-1.0.

— Ron

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.