Where is songs.gdb

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ephilei
    Participant

Uh, silly question, but where is the songs database? I want to delete it and force a rescan.

S80_UK
    Participant

The database is stored at a location defined in the mt-daapd.conf file. Assuming that you can access Firefly using a browser, use the web-based config page, then click Show advanced config and look for Database directroy in the Database section.

However, you don’t normally need to delete it. If you go to the Server status page and click Start Full Scan, that should have the same effect.

stretch
    Participant

I think that songs.gdb indicates it’s the 0.2.4 version.
    The *Start Full Scan* didn’t appear until much later and the database file is now called songs.db

On the slug it can be found at /opt/var/mt-daapd

S80_UK
    Participant

@stretch wrote:

I think that songs.gdb indicates it’s the 0.2.4 version.
    The *Start Full Scan* didn’t appear until much later and the database file is now called songs.db

On the slug it can be found at /opt/var/mt-daapd

OK – thanks – I missed that point. 😳

Ephilei
    Participant

Wow, I thought that was a stupid question. Thanks. Somehow I missed that advanced options link.

I have the latest version of Firefly, but I only got the name of database by reading other forum posts. I’ve tried just rescanning, but that hasn’t worked. The database always gets stuck after only scanning one directory. Unfortunately, deleting the database didn’t work – it still only scans the same directory. I changed the Music Folder but it still doesn’t scan all the sub directories, but I can’t figure what’s so special about those directories.

stretch
    Participant

access permissions are the most likely culprit.

Firefly runs as a guest so guests need read access for Firefly to see the music files

rpedde
    Participant

@Ephilei wrote:

Wow, I thought that was a stupid question. Thanks. Somehow I missed that advanced options link.

I have the latest version of Firefly, but I only got the name of database by reading other forum posts. I’ve tried just rescanning, but that hasn’t worked. The database always gets stuck after only scanning one directory. Unfortunately, deleting the database didn’t work – it still only scans the same directory. I changed the Music Folder but it still doesn’t scan all the sub directories, but I can’t figure what’s so special about those directories.

Does it crash, or does it justnot scan the stuff? If it doesnt’ scan it, it’s because of permissions, as stretch noted. Or possibly because it’s a music format that it doesn’t understand (isn’t included in the “extensions” config entry).

If it crashes, it’s probably a malformed tag. If you run it with a debuglevel of 5, you’ll see what its trying to scan, and find the bad file that way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.