Web-based DAAP client

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@mas wrote:

You need to enter both the admin password and the DAAP playback password for each song again. That sucks a bit.
    It should memorize the passwords so that one doesnt have to enter it each song again – and then 2 passwords even.

Ah, crap. that’s a bug from the modularizing the daap. I’ve added this as a bug.

— Ron

mas
    Participant

BTW, your webadmin shows the same irritant behaviour in some cases, let me describe:

1. You go on the index page. It asks for admin password, all cool here.

2. You click on smart playlists. It asks for the music password. Hrmm, that shouldnt be. But after entering it it works.

3. You click again on the server status and again a password box asking for the admin password.

You can repeat 2. and 3. and get every time a new password box. It also wont really tell you which password it wants, you gotta guess or know from experience which it is.

Guess using 2 passwords, one for admin and one for the music share isnt something thats tested out much.

Using svn-1433 on a NSLU armb from your ipkg distribution point btw.

rpedde
    Participant

@mas wrote:

BTW, your webadmin shows the same irritant behaviour in some cases, let me describe:

1. You go on the index page. It asks for admin password, all cool here.

2. You click on smart playlists. It asks for the music password. Hrmm, that shouldnt be. But after entering it it works.

3. You click again on the server status and again a password box asking for the admin password.

You can repeat 2. and 3. and get every time a new password box. It also wont really tell you which password it wants, you gotta guess or know from experience which it is.

Guess using 2 passwords, one for admin and one for the music share isnt something thats tested out much.

Using svn-1433 on a NSLU armb from your ipkg distribution point btw.

Yeah, same bug. I’ll try and get this done today.

— Ron

dreamer

@rpedde wrote:

@blamm wrote:

Hi.

Is this DAAP client still available? I am becoming increasingly fedup with iTunes..

Yup, it’s at http://server:port/applet.html

— Ron

hi, I don’t seem to be having this applet on my 0.2.4 install

[edit: nm, I have it on the latest dapper-nightly]

larrypevin

Is there any way I can use this applet from a network machine without setting or using a remote admin password? I am sure it would be possible to modify the server to allow anonymous access to applet.html, but I am not a programmer so I wouldn’t know how to do this myself.

rpedde
    Participant

@larrypevin wrote:

Is there any way I can use this applet from a network machine without setting or using a remote admin password? I am sure it would be possible to modify the server to allow anonymous access to applet.html, but I am not a programmer so I wouldn’t know how to do this myself.

Not right now without code changes. I intend that there be a user accessible way to browse, play, and download remote music on a server, but I’m not there yet.

zelet
    Participant

Wow, I didn’t even know this feature was in there. Wonderful feature!

w1ll14m
    Participant

rpedde, Is there a way for me to get the source from DAAPApplet-0.1.jar ?

i would like to tweak it a little ๐Ÿ™‚

Greetz
    William

mas
    Participant

Rename it to .tar and open it.

jar’s are really just tape archives which contain some special files.

I see a lot of .class libraries there, which look like some binaries however.

w1ll14m
    Participant

Rename it to .tar and open it.

I always change it to zip ๐Ÿ™‚

I see a lot of .class libraries there, which look like some binaries however.

but then indeed you get the binaries, that will be hard to edit i think…

So using a source is easyer ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.