web admin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there a quick guide or something on how to configure the web admin? Just the basics, I’ve understood so far that I’m gonne have to change the vaules in the html-files etc. But I’m not quite sure what to fill in, and/or where everything is located. I won’t try blindfolded either, because I’ve got a stable and working daap server up running. Wouldn’t ever mess it up now, just because I might let the web config script be running loose.

I’m dearly grateful for any replies πŸ™‚

fizze
    Participant

Do you actually mean to change your configuration via the web-config or to alter the web-config itself?
    Quite a keen concept, sire πŸ˜‰

I don’t think anyone besides the coder(s ?) have ever done that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, my goal here is to get the web admin up running so that I can actually admin mt-daapd thru the web interface. Just the part to get it up running, and running correctly! πŸ˜›

fizze
    Participant

Well, to get mt-daapd up and running you just need two things:
    specify a working music_dir and a working db_dir in the config file.
    the user mt-daapd runs as has to have write permission to the db_dir and read permission to the music_dir.
    Then it fires up and the web-admin is accesible, where you can change all other settings to your likes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

But I can’t seem to get access to the web admin anywhere..? Shouldn’t the folder containing the web-part be placed in the apache web root or anything? So that I i.e would be able to access the web admin @ http://10.0.0.10/mt-daapd (when sub dir is called mt-daapd) ?

Or does it automatically create a virtual host on an alternative port? I didn’t catch any information at all about how to use the web admin on the entire forum, the wiki, no answer to this on IRC, and certainly not included in the docs following the package. I just need som practical information on this, if it is as you just said; it works if the server’s up and working. ‘Cause it is πŸ™‚

Thank you very much for trying to help me out by the way! πŸ™‚

fizze
    Participant

mt-daapd has its own built-in webserver.
    The port to access the admin is 9999 on windows, and 3689 on Linux and other Unices.

You can specify the port in the config file though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you very much for this useful information! Found it now πŸ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

@anders wrote:

Thank you very much for this useful information! Found it now πŸ™‚

It turns out that daap serves files over http, so you have to have a http server anyway, just to serve daap. So it made sense to go ahead and make a full web admin interface, since it was basically free, rather than making it an apache web interface or something.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.