Web Admin password on windows?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    indierocksteve
    Participant

I’m running 1589 and am wondering what the web admin user:password is?

thanks!

rpedde
    Participant

@indierocksteve wrote:

I’m running 1589 and am wondering what the web admin user:password is?

thanks!

Depends on platform, etc.

On the slug, it’s any user, password “mt-daapd”.

On windows, some config files have “firefly” as the password.

In any case, you can check the config file (mt-daapd.conf) and look for “admin_pw”, that’s where it comes from. That will be in /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf for unslung systems, or /etc/mt-daapd.conf on debian, or c:program filesfirefly media servermt-daapd.conf on windows.

– Ron

Dave.B
    Participant

I’ve just upgraded from 1539 to 1586 (on a slug) and I notice that it is not asking for a password at all now. Is that normal?

rpedde
    Participant

@Dave.B wrote:

I’ve just upgraded from 1539 to 1586 (on a slug) and I notice that it is not asking for a password at all now. Is that normal?

No, not so much. From localhost, it won’t prompt, but from anywhere else it should prompt.

I dont see that with 1586 on my slug. :/

Dave.B
    Participant

It asks for a password the first time I log in, but if I then close that window and log in again, no password required.

I’m guessing that it times out after a while and this is just normal behaviour? I haven’t restarted this PC since last night when I posted above, so at some point a password became required again.

Dave.B
    Participant

OK, I just twigged:

It doesn’t ask for a password while there are other IE windows open (except the first time).
    Every time I tried it above, I also had this forum open in another window. If I then closed just the web admin, and reopened it again, it does not ask for a password.

If I close all IE windows, then open the Firefly web admin again, it asks for a password as usual.

I’ve just tried it with Google open in another window: Firefly asks for password the first time, but as long as another IE window is open, Firefly repeatedly logs in without one.

Not sure if that helps? (Or if it’s even a bug?)

rpedde
    Participant

@Dave.B wrote:

OK, I just twigged:

It doesn’t ask for a password while there are other IE windows open (except the first time).
    Every time I tried it above, I also had this forum open in another window. If I then closed just the web admin, and reopened it again, it does not ask for a password.

If I close all IE windows, then open the Firefly web admin again, it asks for a password as usual.

I’ve just tried it with Google open in another window: Firefly asks for password the first time, but as long as another IE window is open, Firefly repeatedly logs in without one.

Not sure if that helps? (Or if it’s even a bug?)

That’s actually normal IE behavior for basic authentication. So that’s good. I think that’s called a feature, not a bug. 🙂

Dave.B
    Participant

Oh, OK. I guess I’ve just never noticed it before. 😳

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.