08/11/2007 at 7:49 AM #1918AnonymousInactive
I’m making a music server with an NSLU2 and Firefly. I can play MP3 files on iTunes, but not FLAC files. I can’t figure out how to follow the instructions about either plugins or transcoding scripts. I think my install had some pieces missing that other people received.
I installed Firefly via # ipkg install mt-daapd. What ipkg installed was:
- mt-daapd (0.2.4.1-1) ,
- gdbm (1.8.3-2),
- libid3tag (0.15.1b-1)
I didn’t get any ogg or vorbis libraries, which I’ve seen others mention on the forums as being part of installing mt-daapd.
I did install ffmpeg via ipkg, but it didn’t have those other things either.
When I try to follow the instructions at http://wiki.mt-daapd.org/wiki/Transcoding_HOWTO , I can’t connect them to what I see on my NSLU2.
- I have no “[plugins]” section in my conf file, which the installer copied from /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf . It ends with “# compress 0”.
- I can’t find a directory which has ssc-ffmpeg.so, so I don’t know what my plugins directory would be anyway.
- I can’t find a directory which has the transcoding scripts, mt-daapd-ssc.sh and mt-daapd-ssc.pl .
- I can’t find a forum post that addresses this situation. Several forum postings about NSLU2’s talk about a “[plugins]” section in the conf file. so it sounds like they got something I didn’t.
So, I have a feeling that some things are missing from the install which the Transcoding Howto above assumes are present. Can anyone shed some light on how I can bring these to my NSLU2? If so, I will update the wiki with what I found out.
Thanks in advance for any help.08/11/2007 at 9:06 AM #14279stretchParticipant
You first have to install a “nightlies” version of Firefly.
Installing a nightly build â€“
To do this, you need to tell the slug about the software feed from fireflymediaserver.org. To do this telnet into your slug and enter the following command
# echo "src firefly http://ipkg.fireflymediaserver.org/armeb" > /etc/ipkg/firefly.conf
If the above command fails then check that your slug's DNS and gateway settings are valid via the web interface. Now enter the command
# ipkg update
Now enter the command
# ipkg install mt-daapd
- The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.