Upgraded to 1201 and have lost RSP connection

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback Upgraded to 1201 and have lost RSP connection

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MCFH
    Participant

Having upgraded to 1201 I have lost the rsp connection….

schiers
    Participant

Hi,

have you remebered to check your config file, which is usually overwritten together with the plugin statement that loads rsp support?

Just an idea…

BR,
    Carsten.

MCFH
    Participant

[plugins]
    plugin_dir =plugins
    plugins =rsp.dll,w32-event.dll,ssc-ffmpeg.dll,ssc-wma.dll

is the current contents (of the one in the same dir as the EXE in case there are others which I doubt)

rpedde
    Participant

@MCFH wrote:

[plugins]
    plugin_dir =plugins
    plugins =rsp.dll,w32-event.dll,ssc-ffmpeg.dll,ssc-wma.dll

is the current contents (of the one in the same dir as the EXE in case there are others which I doubt)

Check your logfile (firefly.log in the same dir) and see if that helps any?

Also, check you tray icon in the versions tab, and make sure they are all at 1201, and not mismatched versions for some reason.

MCFH
    Participant

Shut down, restarted, set log level to 9, shut down, restarted, and it was back. Strange….

One silly thing I’ve noticed – arguably the ‘Open’ button link to the web page should be disabled when the server is not running 🙂

Ted Harper
    Participant

@MCFH wrote:

Shut down, restarted, set log level to 9, shut down, restarted, and it was back. Strange….

I have had that happen a handful of times (with various nightly Firefly builds) on my Windows PC too, and each time manually stopping and restarting the Firefly service has made the RSP plugin/protocol immediately visible to my Soundbridge.

My uneducated guess is that on my fairly low-powered PC, because the Firefly service is set to Automatic startup (along with all sorts of other things – SQLServer, IIS, Norton AV, etc), the PC is getting pretty-much thrashed – CPU, RAM and disc – at the time that Firefly is trying to get itself going, and something internal relating to the plugin startup is failing or timing out because the machine is struggling badly at the time it is trying to start. When you later stop/start the Firefly service (some time after the machine bootup is finished and it has settled-down), it is pretty-much the only thing contending for machine resources, and everything finishes in a timely manner.

I haven’t found any way to make it more/less repeatable (maybe it is happening one restart in 10 here, maybe less), so I’m not sure how to help Ron get it tracked down and fixed, but I thought I’d better at least post to this thread so you’d know it wasn’t unique to your system. When it happens it definitely affects the “spouse-friendliness” of the Firefly+Soundbridge system here, because the server PC isn’t switched on 24*7, and my wife and kids have a fixed sequence of things to do to listen to music using it (which having the library not come up breaks, then they go into a bit of a tailspin).

ted.h.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.