transfer HD directory structure to soundbridge for browsing?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues transfer HD directory structure to soundbridge for browsing?

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 17 years ago by cab.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cab
    Participant

I’m using suse linux, soundbridge 1001, and firefly and I am wondering if it is possible to simply transfer the directory structure of an mp3 collection on the server HD to the menu of the soundbridge (without editing playlists etc.). I just want to browse the collection by using the soundbridge.
    Thanks for any help!!

Christian

fizze
    Participant

No.

There are workarounds, like creating playlists for the folders, etc.
    All in all the Soundbridge’s browsing combined with firefly is inferior.

So do yourself a favor, use mp3tag or whatever tagging tool and go ahead. Once your mp3s are properly tagged, you’ll find browsing with the soundbridge great πŸ™‚

cab
    Participant

😯 my worst assumptions became true…
    thanks for your quick reply, I got work for the weekend πŸ˜‰

S80_UK
    Participant

A bit off-topic for this forum, but I thought Twonky would allow folder browsing…

fizze
    Participant

Twonky (and most UPnP based servers) do indeed allow folder-based browsing. But where’s the fun in that? πŸ˜‰

Smart Playlists (and the new roku audio center) make me smile everyday, with my soundbridge πŸ™‚

S80_UK
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Twonky (and most UPnP based servers) do indeed allow folder-based browsing. But where’s the fun in that? πŸ˜‰

Agreed – it’s not fun – but it was one solution to the original question. Give me Firefly any day!

cab
    Participant

roku audio center is really great (just recognized its existance) 😳

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.