Transcoding over DAAP dies after a while with svn-1050

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback Transcoding over DAAP dies after a while with svn-1050

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DylanMuir
    Participant

Hi,

I’m running svn-1050 on linux. Transcoding of WMA and OGG files is mostly working for me, but after a couple of days uptime, mt-daapd still serves mp3 files but transcoding stops functioning.

My transcoding script is basically the default one; OGGs go via oggdecode and wavstreamer, WMAs go via mplayer and wavstreamer. When I manually run the transcoding script, wavstreamer dies with a “Read failed.” error. I haven’t run out of space in /tmp, and the permissions there haven’t changed.

Any suggestions for how to debug this?

Thanks,
    Dylan

DylanMuir
    Participant

When I try to cycle mt-daapd, it doesn’t kill a (stalled) transcoding script. Even if I kill the script manually, mt-daapd complains that port 3689 is already in use and then aborts.

DRM

rpedde
    Participant

@DylanMuir wrote:

My transcoding script is basically the default one; OGGs go via oggdecode and wavstreamer, WMAs go via mplayer and wavstreamer. When I manually run the transcoding script, wavstreamer dies with a “Read failed.” error. I haven’t run out of space in /tmp, and the permissions there haven’t changed.

Sounds like a fd leak to me. I don’t do if often, but I periodically do a long-running valgrind session under load and see what pops out. If I don’t see a fd leak, then it might be only on an error path or something, and I’ll comb through the transcode stuff to find it.

– Ron

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.