The shared music library "mt-daapd" is not accessi

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues The shared music library "mt-daapd" is not accessi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rk

Hi,

My daapd server appears nicely in iTunes after configuring the daapd-server on my Linux box. Though upon connection I end with the message:

“The shared music library “mt-daapd” is not accessible for an unknow reason (-3259)”

Check that any firewall software running on either the shared computer of this computer has been set to allow communication on port 3689.

What to check ?

Regards,

Rene

rpedde
    Participant

@rk wrote:

What to check ?

Check version. You should be running 0.2.4 or better. You can see that by checking the web admin interface (http://server:port, logon as admin, password is the admin_pw).

That’s almost *always* what it is.

Aside from that, check to make sure your server isn’t firewalled. What kind of system is it running on?

rk

Ron,

Thanks. I am running RedHat AS 4 upd 3 and have been using the latest stable version “mt-daapd-0.2.4-1.fc4.i386.rpm”

My linux server is not using any firewall or ipchains and I disabled the firewall on my XP box.

Rene

rpedde
    Participant

@rk wrote:

Ron,

Thanks. I am running RedHat AS 4 upd 3 and have been using the latest stable version “mt-daapd-0.2.4-1.fc4.i386.rpm”

My linux server is not using any firewall or ipchains and I disabled the firewall on my XP box.

Rene

Can you see the web interface? You should be able to go to http://server:port and enter “admin” as the username, and the admin_pw from the config file (default is “mt-daapd”) and get into the web interface.

If you can’t, that’s why.

Is it possible you have a multi-homed machine? If so, is it possible that it’s advertising on an interface other than the one your iTunes machine is on? In that case, maybe enabling routing?

rk

Yep I can see and use the web interface, no prob.

Well, the system is running a couple of vmware workstations, so there are vmnet interfaces on the box.

Shall I re-try by disabling them first ?

Rene

rk

Great, the problem was related to the multi-homed setup.

Appreciated !

Thanks.

Rene

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.