svn-909

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    eddieb
    Participant

I builded svn-909 and it seems to run fine on my YDL4 PPC Linux box …

some comments :

– The 5 second auto-update of the webinterface should be user configurable …
    – the number displayed as the amount of connected users is not logical … I am the only one listening, that is user 1. I am watching the web-interface as admin, (if that really is a user… ????) that is user 2 … nothing further. The admin interface says : 3 Connected Users … strange

Eddie

eddieb
    Participant

Hmm, seems to be much more wrong with the conencted user counter … When I left home this morning (after I issued feedback) the counter was at 3 … NOW, as I connect thru the admin interface, the counter is at 31 !!!
    And, the screen is almost emtpy …

Rendezvous Running
    DAAP Server Running
    File scanner Idle Start Scan
    Uptime
    Songs
    Songs Served
    DB Version 2

no uptime,
    no songs served …

strange, this is ONLY the YDL4 PPC linux version. the OSX 10.4 server (ppc) seems fine

Eddie

rpedde
    Participant

User counts are really active threads. As part of the incremental updates, I’ll have thread state, and then I can count users actively streaming songs. So that will get fixed as part of the incremental update ticket.

If the user count keeps going up, then the threads aren’t terminating right. What version of pthreads do you have? Are you using nptl or linux pthreads? And are you transcoding, or just serving native songs?

eddieb
    Participant

Ron,

dunno exactly what version of pthread I have …

rpm -qf /lib/libpthread.so.0
    glibc-2.3.3-27.1.ydl.1

And, I am serving native songs, no transcoding …

Eddie

rpedde
    Participant

can you email me at ron at pedde.com? I’d like to give you a patch to 909 that increases debugging messages on thread termination. that might give me a better idea what’s going on.

— Ron

eddieb
    Participant

Ron,

I did send you an email a couple of days ago but I did not receive any patch yet …

Eddie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.