svn-1696 on OS X: Never starts up

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    neek
    Participant

Hi, I just updated from 1586 to 1696 on my x86 Mac. Now the Firefly control panel only shows, “Firefly is starting”. In the log, the last entry I have is the message about, “Serving XX songs. Startup complete in 3 seconds.” I can’t click the “Open Web Page” button, nor can I see the version in the control panel.

Any ideas how I can further debug this? What cmd-line commands could be used on a Mac to start up Firefly? Do I need to explicitly install sqlite?

thanks,
    -Neek

neek
    Participant

OK, upon further investigation, it looks like the server claims to be running (if I just manually view the advanced settings web page), but Bonjour is not. Anything I can do to get this running?

thanks again.

neek
    Participant

@neek wrote:

OK, upon further investigation, it looks like the server claims to be running (if I just manually view the advanced settings web page), but Bonjour is not. Anything I can do to get this running?

thanks again.

Ignore this… 1586 also doesn’t have Bonjour running. I still don’t know why 1696 doesn’t complete. Any way I can debug this a bit, or provide something useful to people who know this code base?

thanks!

rpedde
    Participant

@neek wrote:

@neek wrote:

thanks again.

Ignore this… 1586 also doesn’t have Bonjour running. I still don’t know why 1696 doesn’t complete. Any way I can debug this a bit, or provide something useful to people who know this code base?

thanks!

Not really, i’ve observed the same, and there is something wrong with my mac build chain. Works when compiled locally, but not on the build chain.

Dunno. I’m going to look at that at the same time as the windows issues.

– Ron

neek
    Participant

Hi Ron (or others),

Was this issue of Firefly not starting up ever addressed? I haven’t seen any nightlies since end of Oct, though maybe I’m not looking in the right place.

Thanks for all your efforts to make this great media server.

best,
    -Neek

rpedde
    Participant

@neek wrote:

Hi Ron (or others),

Was this issue of Firefly not starting up ever addressed? I haven’t seen any nightlies since end of Oct, though maybe I’m not looking in the right place.

Thanks for all your efforts to make this great media server.

best,
    -Neek

I did find it, and it’s fixed in svn. Turns out it has to do with how symbols are exported in sharable libraries on Leopard.

Last build that doesn’t do Forbidden Stuff on Leopard is around 1397 or so. Best pre-packaged build is probably this one:

http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=11098

As far as nightlies go… I thought I had tackled something I could do in chunks and rewrite the database in about three different chunks, releasing each chunk as completed, but turned out it was an all-or-none deal. So I’ve got quite a bit of code to change.

Almost all done now, just haven’t had the time last several days to work on it. This weekend was ugly at work. Good news is I got my 40 hours in already, before monday even started. 🙂 Bad news is I’m salary. 🙁

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am every sorry.

I am also got in this troblem.

Anyone can help us?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.