svn-1659 skip forward crash

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gurgel2
    Participant

Running the pecompiled 1659 version on unslung5.x/NSLU2 together with a Roku Soundbridge. When issue a “skip to next” on the SB, I get flooded with:

“Error writing to client socket: Broken pipe”

…from firefly. Seen both from /var/log/messages and when running with “-f” (foreground) on stdout. Occassionally i just get single

“Write error: Broken pipe
    Error copying file to remote…”

..entries when doing the same “skip next”

I havent investigated the behaviour more than that firefly crashes after a while. One of the 5 processes disappear and im not able to reconnect to the server. Anyone else seen this? I dont wanna make anyone jump away to the reproduce-posse but rather see If im not alone. Last night I thought something with firefly or SB was whack when it turned out to be my router that had to be reset to factory defaults on another matter. From now on I trust firefly more than DLink.

rpedde
    Participant

@gurgel2 wrote:

I dont wanna make anyone jump away to the reproduce-posse but rather see If im not alone. Last night I thought something with firefly or SB was whack when it turned out to be my router that had to be reset to factory defaults on another matter. From now on I trust firefly more than DLink.

This seems consistent with the fact that all the file and socket handling has been re-written, so I’d guess this reproducible. I saw some ugly log files to this effect as well recently.

I’ll see if I can’t find this before next nightlies (probably Friday)
    — Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.